Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom repair

Hi there a plumber came in and fitted a new bathroom into a home I just
moved into. Whilst removing the bath the surrounding tiles fell off
along with the tile cement to leave what looks like cement in some
sections and plaster in others. I would like to know If I need to
plaster this surface before placing tile cement or can I use tile
cement to straight away. If this explanation isn't clear I can email
pictures to you.
Thank You

Posted to uk.d-i-y

djgarrison wrote:
Hi there a plumber came in and fitted a new bathroom into a home I just
moved into. Whilst removing the bath the surrounding tiles fell off
along with the tile cement to leave what looks like cement in some
sections and plaster in others. I would like to know If I need to
plaster this surface before placing tile cement or can I use tile
cement to straight away. If this explanation isn't clear I can email
pictures to you.
Thank You

Just use tile cement..is expensive com,pared with a re-skim and tile
cement both, but enirely satisfactory.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I would like to know If I need to plaster this surface before
placing tile cement or can I use tile cement to straight away.

Tile adhesive is usually fine as a filler for the plaster as well. Use a
high quality waterproof adhesive.

Christian.

max power for a bathroom fan? Lacustral Home Ownership 9 July 16th 06 04:21 PM
max power for a bathroom fan? Lacustral Home Repair 6 July 7th 06 11:44 AM
Knackered bathroom wall - suggestions for repair? nonymouse UK diy 8 June 22nd 06 09:32 PM
Tiling bathroom floor Tom W UK diy 2 April 8th 05 09:49 AM
Venting bathroom exhaust fans into soffit kevins_news Home Repair 5 January 8th 04 09:06 PM