DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wirquin Dual Flush - how does it work ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/168520-wirquin-dual-flush-how-does-work.html)

peterd July 8th 06 10:35 AM

Wirquin Dual Flush - how does it work ?

Hi - I bought and installed a Wirquin MW2 dual flush from B&Q
(http://www.wirquin.com/sitegb/accueilgb/indexgb.html). The problem is
I don't think its working correctly. If I press either the half or
full flush and let go it flushes about half the water in the cistern.
If I press and hold either button then it flushes the whole cistern.
The only difference I can see between the two buttons is that the full
flush lifts the plunger thing (that sits over the hole into the pan) a
little bit higher than the half. Does anyone else have any experience
of these and how they're supposed to work ?

TIA

Peter

Lee July 8th 06 12:18 PM

peterd wrote:
Does anyone else have any experience
of these and how they're supposed to work ?

We have one of these and it's doing the same thing...
I *think* that what it's supposed to do is latch the release lever in
the higher position when you press the button for full flush - but ours
isn't doing and I've given up bothering :)

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

peterd July 8th 06 12:34 PM

Lee wrote:
peterd wrote:
Does anyone else have any experience
of these and how they're supposed to work ?

We have one of these and it's doing the same thing...
I *think* that what it's supposed to do is latch the release lever in
the higher position when you press the button for full flush - but ours
isn't doing and I've given up bothering :)

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Fixed it ! The white plastic bit with two prongs that lifts up the
flap wasn't clipped in properly.

Thanks

Peter

Lee July 8th 06 01:58 PM

peterd wrote:

Fixed it ! The white plastic bit with two prongs that lifts up the
flap wasn't clipped in properly.

On ours it doesn't seem to "latch" properly, sometimes it clicks into
place but most often not - like I said can't be bothered it works just
as well as push and hold :) :)

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.