Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tips for cleaning tiles?

Anyone got advice as to the best way to clean

a) quarry tiles on a kitchen floor - badly marked and worn from years
of abuse - need a serious clean

b) victorian mosaic tiles on path infront of house - these are also
worn but are in good condition. I've scrubbed them time and time again
but they need something more to properly restore them.

any ideas???

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message om
from " contains these words:

b) victorian mosaic tiles on path infront of house - these are also
worn but are in good condition. I've scrubbed them time and time again
but they need something more to properly restore them.

If they're proper encaustic tiles then the pattern isn't glazed on it's
inset and varies from quite thick to right through. You can get as rough
as you like with it.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ps.com...
Anyone got advice as to the best way to clean

a) quarry tiles on a kitchen floor - badly marked and worn from years
of abuse - need a serious clean

b) victorian mosaic tiles on path infront of house - these are also
worn but are in good condition. I've scrubbed them time and time again
but they need something more to properly restore them.

any ideas???

Rough Carberumdium Block and water, finish off with a finer block and water
to polish.

Cleaning ceramic tiles Wally Home Repair 4 May 8th 06 03:46 PM
Cleaning ceramic tiles Wally Home Ownership 4 May 8th 06 03:46 PM
Concrete roof tiles repair question miamicuse Home Repair 4 November 14th 05 05:34 AM
Wall tiles tips? nuttyknatty UK diy 2 July 21st 05 06:19 PM
Wall tiles tips? nuttyknatty UK diy 4 July 20th 05 11:17 PM