Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower cubicles - all-in-one?

I'm looking at options for fitting a shower fairly soon, and was
wondering about installing a self-contained cubicle primarily in an
effort to avoid the need for tiling, and hopefully to guarantee a 100%
leak-free job!

I've seen these in the likes of Castorama in France, but they don't seem
to be widespread over here unless I can't see for looking?

This is the sort of thing:
http://www.coram.co.uk/showerpods/showerpods-home.html
.... however the above is the only model I've found, and I can't actually
find a stockist for that (but obviously I can contact Coram) so have no
idea of prices. I'm guessing they may well be hideously expensive...

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? Or know of any
suppliers of any models?

Thanks
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:

[...]

Try
http://www.whirlpoolexpress.co.uk

I fitted one from them a couple of years ago. Very pleased with it.
One tip - Just stick with a multi head on a flexible hose. Don't be
seduced into body jets and rain heads etc. Waste of money as they
never get used. Same for the steam generator. All looks bloody
impressive though!

--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
I'm looking at options for fitting a shower fairly soon, and was wondering
about installing a self-contained cubicle primarily in an effort to avoid
the need for tiling, and hopefully to guarantee a 100% leak-free job!

I've seen these in the likes of Castorama in France, but they don't seem
to be widespread over here unless I can't see for looking?

This is the sort of thing:
http://www.coram.co.uk/showerpods/showerpods-home.html
... however the above is the only model I've found, and I can't actually
find a stockist for that (but obviously I can contact Coram) so have no
idea of prices. I'm guessing they may well be hideously expensive...

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? Or know of any
suppliers of any models?

Thanks
David

Search for a manufacturer called Taplanes.

Anode.