Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default timer & thermostat

Where is a good place to peruse and/or buy heating timer and thermostat
from.
I'm after LCD versions, with good features and they must be from the same
model range for looks and be flush fittable (I expect in a standard recessed
box).

Thanks,
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

VisionSet said

http://www.heatandplumb.com/ seems reasonable

--
zaax
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm after LCD versions, with good features and they must be from the same
model range for looks and be flush fittable (I expect in a standard

recessed
box).

You'll find it difficult to find flush mounted thermostats.

I would fit a programmable thermostat and not have a timer. If you must have
a timer, just stick the heating on 24/7 and use the programmable thermostat
for timing, which it can do a much better job of than a on/off programmer.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
I'm after LCD versions, with good features and they must be from the

same
model range for looks and be flush fittable (I expect in a standard

recessed
box).

You'll find it difficult to find flush mounted thermostats.

I would fit a programmable thermostat and not have a timer. If you must

have
a timer, just stick the heating on 24/7 and use the programmable

thermostat
for timing, which it can do a much better job of than a on/off programmer.

what do you reckon to these?

http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/domestic.htm

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

what do you reckon to these?

http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/domestic.htm

Looks good. I especially like the PRT/HW model which combines a programmable
thermostat with a second timing channel for a hot water system.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
what do you reckon to these?

http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/domestic.htm

Looks good. I especially like the PRT/HW model which combines a programmable
thermostat with a second timing channel for a hot water system.

Christian.

Problem is, what with all my browsing, I've been seduced by touch
screen technology. Now I want a touch screen and flush model...

I take it (in lieu of some real reading on the subject) that a
programmable thermostat relies totally on temp settings, just that
these are controlled over time such that off is actually some sensible
frost protection.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I take it (in lieu of some real reading on the subject) that a
programmable thermostat relies totally on temp settings, just
that these are controlled over time such that off is actually
some sensible frost protection.

Indeed. It is one of the many advantages of having a programmable stat over
a programmer and separate fixed output stat. Another is that the override
controls are in the lounge, rather than a dark and manky understairs
cupboard. There are many more still, such as suitability for multi-zone
systems.

Christian.