Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y

Default Where get heat shrink tape in UK?

Matt wrote:

Are RS really just
taking the **** and listing a line that doesn't exist? Have I really
not been using it for over 10 years?

No RS just take the **** with the gawd awful web site.
Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
nospam wrote:
Are RS really just
taking the **** and listing a line that doesn't exist? Have I really
not been using it for over 10 years?

No RS just take the **** with the gawd awful web site.

They seem to have re-vamped it recently and it's even worse than before on
my browser...

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 17:01:26 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote
(in article ):

In article ,
nospam wrote:
Are RS really just
taking the **** and listing a line that doesn't exist? Have I really
not been using it for over 10 years?

No RS just take the **** with the gawd awful web site.

They seem to have re-vamped it recently and it's even worse than before on
my browser...

Trying to search for things by categories seems very difficult to do.

It used to be possible to find an item using a text search and then to get a
list of items in its group. This is useful when you want something that is
slightly different or where there are several items in a range that you need
to buy to make a solution to do something.

Now both seem difficult to impossible.

Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
nospam wrote:
Are RS really just
taking the **** and listing a line that doesn't exist? Have I really
not been using it for over 10 years?

No RS just take the **** with the gawd awful web site.

They seem to have re-vamped it recently and it's even worse than before
on
my browser...

Not only the website. The CD catalogue is just about as bad (worse..). If
you run it off CD, even with a modern drive, you can reckon on five
minutes for some searches. Of the HD, it is 'slightly' better, but not
much. It won't find some items even with the right part number, and then
if you ask for a data sheet, it links you to the website, and asks you to
log in. Do this, and you are still pointing at the item you want the data
sheet for, but on the website. Select it again, now on the website
(already logged in), and it asks you to login again. Only on the third
attempt, do you get to the data sheet. Fairly often at this point, the
'sheet' is the wrong one for the selected product. I think they are trying
hard to discourage people from actually using them.... :-(
The version from a year or so ago, was about 50* better. Only took about
1/10th the time, and would link to the correct data sheet.

Best Wishes

Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y

Alix:

I carry a 4:1 heat shrink ratio tube with or without adhesive.

http://www.buyheatshrink.com

I have a distributor in the UK if you don't wish to purchase from a US
supplier (where I am).

send me an email if you're interested.

Marc

Alix wrote:
I find that large diameter heat shrink sleeving which is large enough to
passes over wide parts of my cables does not contract enough to hold the
actaul cable when they are heated heated.

Is it possible in the UK to buy just one or two rolls of heat shrink
TAPE? I mean something similar to regular self-adhesive PVC insulation
tape but which contracts when heated. Does such a thing exist?

My web searches such as this one at Farnell's http://snipurl.com/skla
return heat shrink SLEEVES which is not what I want.

Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y

On 20 Jul 2006 18:34:45 -0700, wrote:

Alix wrote:
I find that large diameter heat shrink sleeving which is large enough to
passes over wide parts of my cables does not contract enough to hold the
actaul cable when they are heated heated.

Is it possible in the UK to buy just one or two rolls of heat shrink
TAPE? I mean something similar to regular self-adhesive PVC insulation
tape but which contracts when heated. Does such a thing exist?

My web searches such as this one at Farnell's
http://snipurl.com/skla
return heat shrink SLEEVES which is not what I want.

Alix:

I carry a 4:1 heat shrink ratio tube with or without adhesive.

http://www.buyheatshrink.com

I have a distributor in the UK if you don't wish to purchase from a US
supplier (where I am).

send me an email if you're interested.

Firstly the requirements of the original poster were quite likely
satisfied by a posting 28 minutes after the original post (as archived
by google) which contained the web address of a local supplier, the
stock code, the price, the length, the width and the temperature
required to shrink heat shrink TAPE. This occurred on Saturday the 1st
of July, by ordering that day the original poster could have taken
delivery of a product precisely meeting their requirements on Monday
3rd July and the job might have been completed 10 minutes later.

Yes that was heat shrink TAPE, not sleeve tube or any round stuff but
linear TAPE, it comes on a roll 20mm wide 50m long and 0.07mm thick,
you wrap it round and then apply heat at around 130 deg C at which
point it shrinks, conforms and adheres to the underlying structure.
http://rswww.com stock code 170-5403 £13.15

Secondly top posting is and never has been the usenet convention

Thirdly, well there is no thirdly