Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian

Default Concrete blocks for sloping retaining wall

Hello Folks,

I need to persuade the sides of a mainly dry mill leet (lade, to those
of you in the south!) from falling in to it. It's a sort-of retaining
wall problem, except that the wall need only be about three feet high
and it will slope back by around 30 degrees.

From the train today I saw just teh job: concrete "bricks" which were

curved and longitudinally ribbed on their top and bottom surfaces, so
they could be used to foem a sloping and slightly curved wall. They are
used in quite a few places on the West Coast Main Line to hold back the
lineside around signals, phone installations and the like.

Has anyone any idea what they are caleld or where they come from?

I'm open to other solutions to the problem, by the way!

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Ian wrote:
Hello Folks,

I need to persuade the sides of a mainly dry mill leet (lade, to those
of you in the south!) from falling in to it. It's a sort-of retaining
wall problem, except that the wall need only be about three feet high
and it will slope back by around 30 degrees.

I had a site to wiers bookmarked prior to a recent reinstall. Just look
up Google images to wiers, leets and etc. You can buy GRP stuff off the
shelf. But why not just cast your own, or cut some concrete blocks at a
slight angle?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

"Ian" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello Folks,

I need to persuade the sides of a mainly dry mill leet (lade, to those
of you in the south!) from falling in to it. It's a sort-of retaining
wall problem, except that the wall need only be about three feet high
and it will slope back by around 30 degrees.

From the train today I saw just teh job: concrete "bricks" which were

curved and longitudinally ribbed on their top and bottom surfaces, so
they could be used to foem a sloping and slightly curved wall. They are
used in quite a few places on the West Coast Main Line to hold back the
lineside around signals, phone installations and the like.

Has anyone any idea what they are caleld or where they come from?

I'm open to other solutions to the problem, by the way!

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Suggest you contact one of these firms:-
http://www.pavingexpert.com/links09.htm
Regards
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Darryl Bailie

Try Atchison glover, they do a dry retaining wall with a good finish to it.
It might be good to look out Phi group as well, they might do something
similar

Daza

"Ian" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello Folks,

I need to persuade the sides of a mainly dry mill leet (lade, to those
of you in the south!) from falling in to it. It's a sort-of retaining
wall problem, except that the wall need only be about three feet high
and it will slope back by around 30 degrees.

From the train today I saw just teh job: concrete "bricks" which were