DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand". (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/166131-lidl-screw-pole-stand.html)

Chris Bacon June 19th 06 04:22 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

A thing that goes into the ground, for holding up clothes airers,
etc:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...ole_Stand.ar10

Has anyone used them, if so are they reasonably robust What's the
internal diameter??

Lidl have revised their web-site so that you can put in your
post-code/area, and all the "regional offers" that don't apply
are filteres out. Well Done!

Guy King June 19th 06 05:13 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Has anyone used them, if so are they reasonably robust What's the
internal diameter??

I've got one. It's ... OK. Mine's holding up the washing line for the
time beind 'cos I'm still moving things round the garden. It screwed
down into the soil easily, but since it's right by the path it's screwed
into gravel/sand. When it hit the clay it stopped dead and in effect
stripped the threads in the sand. I suspect if I were to try harder it'd
be OK.

Despite all that, it's holding up the pole adequately.

Diameter, they supply collars that shrink it down in steps from a
maxiumum of 60mm.

--
Skipweasel

Chris Bacon June 19th 06 07:53 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

Guy King wrote:
The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Has anyone used them, if so are they reasonably robust What's the
internal diameter??

I've got one. It's ... OK. Mine's holding up the washing line for the
time beind 'cos I'm still moving things round the garden. It screwed
down into the soil easily, but since it's right by the path it's screwed
into gravel/sand. When it hit the clay it stopped dead and in effect
stripped the threads in the sand. I suspect if I were to try harder it'd
be OK.

Despite all that, it's holding up the pole adequately.

Diameter, they supply collars that shrink it down in steps from a
maxiumum of 60mm.

Excellent, thank you Mr. King. They'll take the "trunks" of
some small sawn off ash trees, then (for want of a better
sort of dowel).

Guy King June 19th 06 08:16 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Excellent, thank you Mr. King. They'll take the "trunks" of
some small sawn off ash trees, then (for want of a better
sort of dowel).

Depends how much leaning they'll have to endure. They're cast metal and
seem quite solid.

--
Skipweasel

The Medway Handyman June 19th 06 09:29 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

Chris Bacon wrote:
A thing that goes into the ground, for holding up clothes airers,
etc:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...ole_Stand.ar10

Has anyone used them, if so are they reasonably robust What's the
internal diameter??

Comes with 5 collars to fit different diameters so it shouldn't matter.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Andy Dingley June 19th 06 09:50 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

On 19 Jun 2006 17:22:23 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote:

Lidl have revised their web-site so that you can put in your
post-code/area, and all the "regional offers" that don't apply
are filteres out. Well Done!

Not only that, but if you set your cookies to "manually confirm before
accepting", you can use it to convert postcodes to addresses!

Chris Bacon June 22nd 06 08:56 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

Guy King wrote:
The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:
They'll take the "trunks" of
some small sawn off ash trees, then (for want of a better
sort of dowel).

Depends how much leaning they'll have to endure. They're cast metal and
seem quite solid.

The ones this time around were welded steel, (hot) galvanised. They
seemed very popular. Some people apparently use them for outdoor
show stands. Here today - gone by mid morning.

Guy King June 22nd 06 09:27 PM

Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

The ones this time around were welded steel, (hot) galvanised. They
seemed very popular. Some people apparently use them for outdoor
show stands. Here today - gone by mid morning.

I think mine was, too. I was too lazy to go look.

--
Skipweasel