Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sid

Default Project Manager

We have a bungalow (in Leicester) that we have been working
(extension/disabled
adaptation/complete renovation) on for the past year and I have posted here
many times over the year to obtain advice or with input. 6 months ago we
had to release our main building contractor who had problems with his
partner and declared bankruptcy. Also he was London based so the travelling
and management of his workers was getting too difficult for him. However
during this time my health as well as my wifes had not been too well... so
we were unable to pursue it with subcontractors ourselves. Our Architect
highly recommeded a builder who we were told would manage and complete the
job but has let us down terribly and we are still at the same stage but only
have lost more money and time.

The problem we have now is not only a limited budget but we need to finish
the house and not to spoil it. It was ideally a dream lifetime home for
ourselves as well as our daughter who has a rare degenerative condition and
wheelchair bound. I feel I can only finish the house with help through this
group. Due to my own health reasons I am unble to do too much but will do
whatever I can. I feel I need a project manager to assist in finishing the
job and ensuring I am paying the right amounts for the relevan works. I
would say the main building works are complete we need to completely
replaster and/or reskim the entire house, All Doors and woodworks, Plumbing
and Electrics, Tiling, External Works.

I am able to take over the Electrrician and the Plumber but ideally would
need to formalise the contracts with them. Is there anyone on the list who
can recommend anyone who could either Project Manage or assist with this...
Or even an individual who can complete the works fully.

Any advice would help.

Sid