Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe

Default Plumbing shower - is this going to work?

The plumber came today to do the 1st fix for the new bathroom. The WC was
always going to be tricky, but I don't like the way the did the shower
waste.

I put 3 pictures he http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/hsamuel/

As you can see, there is going to be a run of around 2m or so from shower
tray to 4" waste, and he already told me that the shower tray will have to
be raised by around 4" as the run is against the joists. Fair enough. My
concern though is with the way he plans to run the 40mm waste for the
shower. It will have to run against the wall (not yet build, but marked on
the photos) because of the built in units along that wall, and I counted 5 x
90 degree bends along the way!

With very little offort I could have done it with only one this way:
1. the waste it is aiming for is already around 6" lower than the tray
2. the floor joists along the shorter path were already notched by the
previous owner (look carefully, just in front of the yet-to-be-erected
wall).
3. Based on 2 I won't even have to raise the shower tray.

My question is simple: will his setup work? If it does than I don't realy
care. I am just a little worried with three long-haired female in the house,
and near impossible access shoud it ever block...

Any comments will be much appreciated.

TIA.

J.