Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keith D

Default Cleaning a combi heat exchanger

Some time ago I posted a question on how to clean a combi heat exchanger.
I resolved the issue with remarkable ease using powered citric acid at 20%
solution in water at 85 c. Cleaned it in about 40 minutes.
I was so impressed that I removed and cleaned all my right angle compression
joints!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Keith D
writes
Some time ago I posted a question on how to clean a combi heat exchanger.
I resolved the issue with remarkable ease using powered citric acid at 20%
solution in water at 85 c. Cleaned it in about 40 minutes.
I was so impressed that I removed and cleaned all my right angle compression
joints!!!

Why are you posting here when you should be spending your evenings
desludging the radiators ?

c'mon man, there's work to be done

.... why did you use citric acid when phosphoric acid or hydrochloric at
RT would have done the job properly ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , Keith D
writes
Some time ago I posted a question on how to clean a combi heat exchanger.
I resolved the issue with remarkable ease using powered citric acid at 20%
solution in water at 85 c. Cleaned it in about 40 minutes.
I was so impressed that I removed and cleaned all my right angle compression
joints!!!

I'm pleased to hear this as I need to descale the hot water heat
exchanger in mine, how did you circulate the solution? How could you
tell when it was done?

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means

Replace Heat Exchanger or Furnace Tokai Home Repair 17 November 6th 17 01:14 PM
New thermostat ~~~AAA~~~ Home Repair 5 March 1st 06 02:20 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Good place to buy secondary heat exchanger for Britony Combi 80 boiler? Ed S UK diy 9 October 14th 05 08:49 PM
heat exchanger calculations Ed Sirett UK diy 2 July 19th 03 12:49 AM