Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Blimey!

has anyone bought the Aldi pressure washer as I've just been to have a look
at one and there's none in stock?
surely they cant have sold out thar quick,I ask the assistant and she said
not today,well the site says today.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort

On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:20 +0000, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

has anyone bought the Aldi pressure washer as I've just been to have a look
at one and there's none in stock?
surely they cant have sold out thar quick,I ask the assistant and she said
not today,well the site says today.

Might have them in the office for 'security' as Lidl tend to do!!

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 18 May 2006 13:31:51 +0100, gort wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:20 +0000, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

has anyone bought the Aldi pressure washer as I've just been to have a look
at one and there's none in stock?
surely they cant have sold out thar quick,I ask the assistant and she said
not today,well the site says today.

Might have them in the office for 'security' as Lidl tend to do!!

Dave

This has been a topic to cause me to come to blows with Aldi managers
on several occasions.

I can understand putting mobile phones in the office, but not desktop
PC's and such.

You go to the shop and think they have sold out. I now always ask
before leaving.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

EricP wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 13:31:51 +0100, gort wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:20 +0000, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

has anyone bought the Aldi pressure washer as I've just been to
have a look at one and there's none in stock?
surely they cant have sold out thar quick,I ask the assistant and
she said not today,well the site says today.

Might have them in the office for 'security' as Lidl tend to do!!

Dave

This had struck my mind as to whether the manager was doing a deal with a
trader and at the same time getting a backhander from the trader?

Because its happened on three other occassions whereby I've wanted
something and was told "sold out" heh! the doors have only just opened.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

EricP wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 13:31:51 +0100, gort wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:20 +0000, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

has anyone bought the Aldi pressure washer as I've just been to
have a look at one and there's none in stock?
surely they cant have sold out thar quick,I ask the assistant and
she said not today,well the site says today.

Might have them in the office for 'security' as Lidl tend to do!!

Dave

This has been a topic to cause me to come to blows with Aldi managers
on several occasions.

I can understand putting mobile phones in the office, but not desktop
PC's and such.

You go to the shop and think they have sold out. I now always ask
before leaving.

Head office is on the back of their reciepts.
I'm sending a letter of to complain of such misinformed
information(alledgedly)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

The very popular stuff sells out in approx 1/4 or 1/2 an hour
Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Nick wrote:
The very popular stuff sells out in approx 1/4 or 1/2 an hour

I bet it could... whatever it is you are talking about!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
has anyone bought the Aldi pressure washer as I've just been to have
a look at one and there's none in stock?
surely they cant have sold out thar quick,I ask the assistant and she
said not today,well the site says today.

Somones telling porkies.

The site has been updated now, but the ad clearly stated the pressure
washer was "new and improved".
I've just been to my local aldi to ask the manager why these were not on
offer yesterday in her store,she replied..."its old stock,we sold out when
they were first on offer".
My reply was..."but I've just purchased one at another branch" but she
still said it was old stock so therefore Aldis site is/was falsely
advertising it as "new and improved".

I was under the impression whatever Aldi sold on a thursday thats what
would be in store on that day?

Somones telling porkies.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I was under the impression whatever Aldi sold on a thursday thats what
would be in store on that day?

As far as I know, that's the case. I have had the "Sunday Special
Buys" newsletter just now, there's some stuff that looks OK there.
Shame about the revised page format...
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison

On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:20 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

has anyone bought the Aldi pressure washer as I've just been to have a look
at one and there's none in stock?
surely they cant have sold out thar quick,I ask the assistant and she said
not today,well the site says today.

Do try to be more erudite in your subject lines.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me