Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ring Mains; ends to different breakers?

Morning all,

I've just moved into a new (to me) 1950's ish house, and as part of my
moving in, decided to identify which circuits are which breakers are at
the CU.

I have two mains rings (upper and lower floors) that have the ends
connected to two breakers.

I have found one uk.d-i-y thread dating from 1999 suggesting this as
appropriate when connecting more than 10 computers on a single ring,
but have not come seen this in anywhere I've lived before. However,
this is also the biggest place I've lived, so maybe that's it.

So...
1) Is / was this normal practice at any time?
2) What's the likely impact ? (breakers not tripping in the event of a
fault?)
3) How urgently (if at all) should I look to change it?

thanks in advance,
Michael.

Tripping Mains circuit - how to isolate? Terry Pinnell Electronics Repair 23 April 26th 06 04:32 PM
Spacing of junction boxes and fcus on a ring circuit chopsaw UK diy 3 March 15th 05 06:25 AM
Ring Main Wiring Mark Carver UK diy 31 March 7th 05 06:31 PM
Mains failure generator switching tips? Chris Wilson UK diy 5 October 15th 03 12:12 AM
Question regarding adding an extra socket to the ring main Fiona Reid UK diy 10 September 3rd 03 04:45 PM