Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
CT

Default showers and hot water systems

We have a 3 storey Victorian house with 2 hot water systems - a tank
(heated by an AGA) that provides hot water to the top of the house and
a new combi (Worcester Bosch, fitted by British Gas last Sept) that
heats the radiators and provides hot water to the lower parts of the
house. We are having a new bathroom fitted and the plumber said that
the boiler was stretched when he started and could barely cope with its
exsiting demands of 17 radiators, 1 mixer shower and hot water to the
kitchen/ 2 sinks (plus dishwasher and washing machine). The hot water
tank provides water to another ensuite (inc a shower, no bath) and
several sinks (4). I understood the new bathroom was to be plumbed of
this tank - power shower (has deluge head and diverter), sink, large
bath. However, he now plans to plumb the 'power' shower off the combi.
I am very concerned that this is not going to work, and I will be left
with a system that does not work well. What is the best solution?
Thanks