Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
mentalguy2004

Default Hardstanding for motorbike?

Hi,

My front garden has a concrete path with normal soil type stuff (shingled
over) either side. I want to add a small (8 feet x 3 feet-ish) hardstanding
to park my motorbike on (and to incorporate a security bracket), adjacent to
the path and then re-shingle the whole area. How deep would I have to
concrete to support the weight of the bike? Up until now I have got away
with parking the bike on the shingle, with a wooden block under the
sidestand to prevent it sinking, but I want something more permanent.

Any advice much appreciated.