Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default MK 1G 2W Wide Rocker Switch

Hi

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear to
be any screws!!

Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
k...
Hi

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear
to be any screws!!

Pure Guess - lever off the bezel with a thin screwdriver blade - probably to
reveal the fixing/attachment screws.?

Why not buy some and give us the answer to your puzzle - alternatively;
phone Screwfix's help line- (I've done this in the past when puzzled about
'how does that work?' Whenever I've tried them, they've been helpful,
patient and knowledgeable.

HTH

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:33:08 GMT, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear
to be any screws!!

Pure Guess - lever off the bezel with a thin screwdriver blade - probably to
reveal the fixing/attachment screws.?

Why not buy some and give us the answer to your puzzle - alternatively;
phone Screwfix's help line- (I've done this in the past when puzzled about
'how does that work?' Whenever I've tried them, they've been helpful,
patient and knowledgeable.

HTH

Almost.

It's the other way round.

Look at the side of the rocker and you will see a small slot. It may
be necessary to operate said rocker to reveal it as there is only one.

Insert a screwdriver and gently prise out the rocker paddle. This
will reveal the fixing screws.

The rocker paddle pops back into place afterwards

It's a nice product design.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:25:10 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear to
be any screws!!

Angle grinder. Oops, sorry. Wrong group.

I had some similar ones (I don't think they were made by MK though)
ones, and they worked exactly as Brian said - with the switch in the
"on" position, you could put a thin-bladed screwdriver down between the
edge of the switch and the back panel and prise the switch off to reveal
the gubbins.
--
Chris Cowley
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

wrote:

Hi

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear to
be any screws!!

Angle grinder. Oops, sorry. Wrong group.

I had some similar ones (I don't think they were made by MK though)
ones, and they worked exactly as Brian said - with the switch in the
"on" position, you could put a thin-bladed screwdriver down between the
edge of the switch and the back panel and prise the switch off to reveal
the gubbins.

Not on these. It's the rocker paddle that comes out.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

I had some similar ones (I don't think they were made by MK though)
ones, and they worked exactly as Brian said - with the switch in the
"on" position, you could put a thin-bladed screwdriver down between the
edge of the switch and the back panel and prise the switch off to reveal
the gubbins.

Not on these. It's the rocker paddle that comes out.

I think that's what he said!

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:29:26 +0100, Guy King
wrote:

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

I had some similar ones (I don't think they were made by MK though)
ones, and they worked exactly as Brian said - with the switch in the
"on" position, you could put a thin-bladed screwdriver down between the
edge of the switch and the back panel and prise the switch off to reveal
the gubbins.

Not on these. It's the rocker paddle that comes out.

I think that's what he said!

I was clarifying the point since Brian had already talked about
levering off the bezel.

There is another design where there is a front plate bezel and a back
plate to the switch...

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Hi

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear to
be any screws!!

How about using the MK website?

The technical and product data PDF files available from
http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/products/item.asp?itemid=4201&rangeid=1030
don't say, so it's probably thought to be trivial...

There's a technical help request form at
http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/home/technical.asp - you could try
that...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear to
be any screws!!

We have something similar by Tenby and it's the rocker which prises off
to reveal the screws.

--
Skipweasel