Posted to uk.d-i-y
TonyK

Default Emulsion on MDF

Just trying to convince myself nothing can go wrong...

4 x 12mm MDF panels each about 1m x 2m to be rollered with emulsion.
Thinking about a light coat to seal followed by two more to get even colour
depth.

Any reason why not?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:24:13 +0100, TonyK wrote:

Any reason why not?

Assuming they are indoors, it's fine.

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On 14 Apr 2006 16:21:11 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

Assuming they are indoors, it's fine.

And not in a bathroom

I don't see a problem, assuming the exposed side is sealed.

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

TonyK wrote:
Just trying to convince myself nothing can go wrong...

4 x 12mm MDF panels each about 1m x 2m to be rollered with emulsion.
Thinking about a light coat to seal followed by two more to get even
colour depth.

Any reason why not?

Not as far as I can see, I've used emulsion on MDF loads of times with good
results.

....... and the TV makeover shows do it all the times :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TonyK

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
TonyK wrote:
Just trying to convince myself nothing can go wrong...

4 x 12mm MDF panels each about 1m x 2m to be rollered with emulsion.
Thinking about a light coat to seal followed by two more to get even
colour depth.

Any reason why not?

Not as far as I can see, I've used emulsion on MDF loads of times with

good
results.

...... and the TV makeover shows do it all the times :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Cheers

All done now and worked out fine. I was just a bit concerned about a large
volume of water based paint absorbing too quickly into the surface and
creating patches of rippled MDF.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup

The Medway Handyman wrote:
...... and the TV makeover shows do it all the times :-)

.... but they also hold up pelmets with blu-tac (or is that an urban
myth), so anything they do is not necessarily a valid way.
)
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

soup wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
...... and the TV makeover shows do it all the times :-)

... but they also hold up pelmets with blu-tac (or is that an urban
myth), so anything they do is not necessarily a valid way.
)

They also have plaster you can paint 20 mins after you apply it, MDF that
doesn't split when you screw into the edge, saw benches without guards that
are perfectly safe, jigsaws that cut perfectly straight lines 8' long,
routers that you can use one handed etc.

Must be a different space time continium or something.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

TonyK wrote:
Just trying to convince myself nothing can go wrong...

4 x 12mm MDF panels each about 1m x 2m to be rollered with emulsion.
Thinking about a light coat to seal followed by two more to get even colour
depth.

Any reason why not?

None at all. Biggest problem I have had with MDF is that it
shrinks...after a while in central heating,..and you end up with cracks
where tow sheets but together. Or a sheet buts a wall or ceiling.

Other than that it is a superb finish when painted with emulsion.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Ian Stirling wrote:
Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:24:13 +0100, TonyK wrote:

Any reason why not?

Assuming they are indoors, it's fine.

And not in a bathroom, or where they may get wet.

Even that is OK provided its not soaked.

It may be advisable on any showing edges to use a couple of coats of
acrylic primer to seal the 'grain' sanded after coating each time..

Remove patches of emulsion paint from plaster where it is stuck hard n' fast! Cordless Crazy UK diy 8 February 13th 06 04:01 PM
Patchy emulsion.. ben UK diy 3 August 8th 05 11:33 AM
Emulsion paint over eggshell tezzie UK diy 0 April 19th 05 12:50 PM
Flaky emulsion layer on plaster [email protected] UK diy 7 January 25th 05 02:22 PM
Answer To Emulsion Paint Removal troubleinstore UK diy 4 July 22nd 04 05:17 PM