Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris

Default Scaffold tower platform

What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower?
Four loose planks?
Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?
--
Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:01:06 +0100, Chris ] wrote:

What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower?
Four loose planks?
Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?

If it's like the one I hired years ago it was a couple of rectangular
sections that clipped on to the top rails in the same way all the
other sections clipped together .
Like this

http://www.hss.com/index.php?g=80808&t=zoom

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower?
Four loose planks?
Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?
--
Chris

=====================
It's easier to take separate planks to the top of your tower and they'll
enable you to climb inside the tower for a bit of extra safety.

If the span is more than 4' then you'll probably need a centre support to
prevent flexing / breaking. I use a short length of scaffold tube with two
scaffold clips to provide a centre support on my 6' x 4' towers.

Cic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:01:06 +0100, Chris ] wrote:

What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower?
Four loose planks?
Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?

On my 4 foot tower I use 5 foot long 2x6 planks with 3x2 blocks on the
bottom to stop them slideing off the tower.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris wrote:
What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower?
Four loose planks?
Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?
--
Chris

I suppose the old plank is much more easily carry up scaffold than a bulky
board.

Why?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Chris wrote:
What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower?
Four loose planks?
Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?
--
Chris

I suppose the old plank is much more easily carry up scaffold than a
bulky board.

Why?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And the other thing is...
You can govern the widness of the scaffold using the plank method ie if the
area restricts scaffold only two plank wide then the boarding method would
fail as you would have to have different sized width boards.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:49:31 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

Chris wrote:
What is supposed to go on top of a scaffold tower?
Four loose planks?
Or a square platform that is all-one-piece?
--
Chris

I suppose the old plank is much more easily carry up scaffold than a bulky
board.

Why?

Once you have the bottom of the tower up, you put planks on to make
steps, to stand on as you build the tower up. Then use the planks to
near on, lifting the planks from below. Once you are at the top with
all the planks, you feel a bit of a plank, as you remember you forgot
to put the ladder up to use to get down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Stanton

On my 4 foot tower I use 5 foot long 2x6 planks with 3x2 blocks on the
bottom to stop them slideing off the tower.

Rick

Blimey, thats not very tall...... I'll get me coat.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Dave Stanton contains these words:

On my 4 foot tower I use 5 foot long 2x6 planks with 3x2 blocks on the
bottom to stop them slideing off the tower.

Rick

Blimey, thats not very tall...... I'll get me coat.

I watched a bloke from Sky TV today putting up a dish on a nearby house.
He was putting it about 3' above the back door, so was only on about the
4th step of a ladder, and given the cable run he used there wasn't any
call to go higher.
He was wearing a hardhat.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Stanton

I watched a bloke from Sky TV today putting up a dish on a nearby house.
He was putting it about 3' above the back door, so was only on about the
4th step of a ladder, and given the cable run he used there wasn't any
call to go higher.
He was wearing a hardhat.

You have to watch those pigeons g.

Dave