Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

Default Water in LPG pipe?

I've just replaced the regulator on my LPG cylinder, as the fitter
said the pressure was only reading 27mBar instead of 37mBar.

I noticed that the rubber pipe was moist on the inside, is this
normal?

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
I've just replaced the regulator on my LPG cylinder, as the fitter
said the pressure was only reading 27mBar instead of 37mBar.

I noticed that the rubber pipe was moist on the inside, is this
normal?

In uyse it possibly gets very cold.
Are you sure it wasn't simply opened while cold, and it's condensation?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On 02 Apr 2006 11:00:48 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't simply opened while cold, and it's condensation?

Wasn't cold when I opened it. When I installed the pipe, I wanted to
flush out any flux, so I filled it with water for a few days, then ran
fresh water for a while. I then went to great lengths to dry it out
(hairdryer on one end, vacuum cleaner on the other).

My only concern is that moisture in the pipe work may be harmful to
the cooker.

--
Nigel M