DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can a combi boiler be fitted into an small airless enclosed space (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1517-re-can-combi-boiler-fitted-into-small-airless-enclosed-space.html)

Ed Sirett August 29th 03 08:54 PM

Can a combi boiler be fitted into an small airless enclosed space

Jo wrote:

Is it ok to install a combi boiler in a small (about 2x2x1m) attic
space I have above my bathroom ? Access is via a hatch and a small
ladder from the room beneath. Apart from the flu pipe and the
occasional time that I open the hatch there is no ventilation.

Of course I will have to pick a combi that has remote operating
controls and I am assuming that such a device is available.

There are many models of combi boilers which require no additional
compartment ventilation.
The control system is easy if you use an external
timer/thermostat/programmable thermostat.

The main objection is the ease of servicing access.
Boilers in loft spaces ideally require good access (loft acess, boarded
area), and isolation gas/water and electric from below.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk