DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O/T generators (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/149948-o-t-generators.html)

Andy R March 20th 06 06:43 PM

O/T generators

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots for
sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was wondering if
they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

Nigel Molesworth March 20th 06 06:50 PM

O/T generators

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:43:43 -0000, Andy R wrote:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators?

They only work in the month after Passover.

--
Nigel M

Grimly Curmudgeon March 21st 06 01:17 AM

O/T generators

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Andy R"
saying something like:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators?

They're a bit smokey.
--

Dave

Guy King March 21st 06 07:41 AM

O/T generators

The message
from Grimly Curmudgeon contains
these words:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators?

They're a bit smokey.

Trust you to pick the bones out.

--
Skipweasel
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Dave Liquorice March 21st 06 09:51 AM

O/T generators

On 20 Mar 2006 16:57:16 -0800, wrote:

I've no idea, just beware that some gens have very short lifetime
ratings. Very short.

Or very short service intervals. The Briggs engine on my mower has a 25hr
oil change interval, now thats OK for mower used for 1hr every week,
lasts a whole season no trouble. 25hrs isn't any time at all for a
genset, 4 days at 6hrs day or probably not very far short of every other
tank full of fuel for a lightly loaded "long run" set.

Not all Briggs engines are equal though, some have 100hr oil change
intervals, as do some Hondas. Be well worth getting a look at the manual
to see what the service intervals are. I must admit these Kipor sets,
particulary the 2 or 3kVA yellow invertor models, are very tempting.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail

. March 21st 06 10:37 AM

O/T generators

Andy R wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

Nigel Molesworth March 21st 06 10:59 AM

O/T generators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:41:53 GMT, Guy King wrote:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators?

They're a bit smokey.

Trust you to pick the bones out.

And loud, can damage your herring.

--
Nigel M

John March 21st 06 11:39 AM

O/T generators

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:41:53 GMT, Guy King wrote:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators?
They're a bit smokey.

Trust you to pick the bones out.

And loud, can damage your herring.

And Cod are they heavy. You'd be a Pollock if you bought one!

John

Andy Hall March 21st 06 11:48 AM

O/T generators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:37:23 GMT, "." wrote:

Andy R wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

Makrel brand?

--

..andy

The3rd Earl Of Derby March 21st 06 11:50 AM

O/T generators

.. wrote:
Andy R wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

99 squid. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

tony sayer March 21st 06 12:22 PM

O/T generators

In article , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
. wrote:
Andy R wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

99 squid. ;-)

Sold to "sole" traders only/-)
--
Tony Sayer

Chip March 21st 06 01:25 PM

O/T generators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:22:42 +0000,it is alleged that tony sayer
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

In article , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
. wrote:
Andy R wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

99 squid. ;-)

Sold to "sole" traders only/-)

Yes but other people can sometimes get them them in the prawn shop :)

--
"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against whacking them around a bit."

Andy Hall March 21st 06 01:43 PM

O/T generators

. wrote:
Andy R wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

99 squid. ;-)

Sold to "sole" traders only/-)

Yes but other people can sometimes get them them in the prawn shop :)

That's shellfish of them.

--

..andy

http://www.usenet.com

. March 21st 06 02:01 PM

O/T generators

. wrote:
Andy R wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are
lots for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

99 squid. ;-)

Sold to "sole" traders only/-)

Yes but other people can sometimes get them them in the prawn shop :)

That's shellfish of them.

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

Nigel Molesworth March 21st 06 02:07 PM

O/T generators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:01:48 GMT, . wrote:

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

What is it about this group and fish threads?

Can salmon explain?

--
Nigel M

. March 21st 06 02:12 PM

O/T generators

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:01:48 GMT, . wrote:

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

What is it about this group and fish threads?

Can salmon explain?

I don't think this is the time or the plaice

Chip March 21st 06 02:25 PM

O/T generators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:12:26 GMT,it is alleged that "."
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:01:48 GMT, . wrote:

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

What is it about this group and fish threads?

Can salmon explain?

I don't think this is the time or the plaice

It's very shellfish to keep it to yourself

. March 21st 06 02:39 PM

O/T generators

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:01:48 GMT, . wrote:

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

What is it about this group and fish threads?

Can salmon explain?

I don't think this is the time or the plaice

It's very shellfish to keep it to yourself

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: repetition

Mark March 21st 06 04:39 PM

O/T generators

Andy R wrote in message
Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots for
sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was wondering if
they're reasonably well made.

I have no direct experience but they are of Chinese manufacture, so it
depends on the type of usage you are going to put this too, as whether their
"quite good prices" is in fact value for money.
How big a generator are you after and how many hours will it be used per
year,
Kawasaki are pulling out of the UK market and there are Big savings to be
had on old stock if you go a hunting.

-

[email protected] March 21st 06 05:35 PM

O/T generators

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:41:53 GMT, Guy King wrote:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators?
They're a bit smokey.

Trust you to pick the bones out.

And loud, can damage your herring.

Never heard of a kipper damaging a herring before. Lured above!

Really I reckon the name is just a red herring. Cod be anyway.

If the oil change interval's to short, it'll be tench anges per
seasoned. Only way to find out is perch-ase one.

Hope they dont have chips controlling the engine, if they do youre deep
fried.

NT

dennis@home March 21st 06 05:41 PM

O/T generators

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:01:48 GMT, . wrote:

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

What is it about this group and fish threads?

Can salmon explain?

I don't think this is the time or the plaice

It's very shellfish to keep it to yourself

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: repetition

Someone need molly codling?

[email protected] March 21st 06 05:46 PM

O/T generators

tony sayer wrote:
In article , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
. wrote:
Andy R wrote:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

99 squid. ;-)

Sold to "sole" traders only/-)

Its not exactly your bream generator, more a cheapskate model.

It will smell fishy if you run it on WVO.

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

NT

[email protected] March 21st 06 05:47 PM

O/T generators

tony sayer wrote:
In article , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
. wrote:
Andy R wrote:

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots
for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was
wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro
for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

99 squid. ;-)

Sold to "sole" traders only/-)

Its not exactly your bream generator, more a cheapskate model.

It will smell fishy if you run it on WVO.

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

I hear theyre a bit crappie.

NT

Nigel Molesworth March 21st 06 06:01 PM

O/T generators

On 21 Mar 2006 09:47:16 -0800, wrote:

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

Or they will spend it and have a whale of a time.

--
Nigel M

Andy Hall March 21st 06 10:47 PM

O/T generators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:01:09 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

On 21 Mar 2006 09:47:16 -0800, wrote:

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

Or they will spend it and have a whale of a time.

That's a mammal......

--

..andy

http://www.usenet.com

Guy King March 21st 06 11:13 PM

O/T generators

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

Or they will spend it and have a whale of a time.

That's a mammal......

It's a bit fishy.

Dave March 22nd 06 12:03 AM

O/T generators

Nigel Molesworth wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:01:48 GMT, . wrote:

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

What is it about this group and fish threads?

Can salmon explain?

I don't think this is the time or the plaice

It's very shellfish to keep it to yourself

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: repetition

You could have said...

Brill: repetition ;-)

Dave

Nigel Molesworth March 22nd 06 03:43 PM

O/T generators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:47:21 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

Or they will spend it and have a whale of a time.

That's a mammal......

A whale is a mammal, a whale shark is a fish.

Phew! Thought I'd floundered there for a minute.

--
Nigel M

Bob Mannix March 22nd 06 03:46 PM

O/T generators

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:47:21 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

Or they will spend it and have a whale of a time.

That's a mammal......

A whale is a mammal, a whale shark is a fish.

Phew! Thought I'd floundered there for a minute.

Brill!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Andy Hall March 22nd 06 04:08 PM

O/T generators

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:43:18 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:47:21 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Dont borrow money from sharks to buy it.

Or they will spend it and have a whale of a time.

That's a mammal......

A whale is a mammal, a whale shark is a fish.

Phew! Thought I'd floundered there for a minute.

Well..... not wishing to skate around the issue, but rather to shed a
ray of light on it, a shark, like these other two, is an Elasmobranch.

--

..andy

Andy Hall March 22nd 06 10:11 PM

O/T generators

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:55:46 +0000, Owain
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
That's a mammal......
A whale is a mammal, a whale shark is a fish.
Phew! Thought I'd floundered there for a minute.

Well..... not wishing to skate around the issue, but rather to shed a
ray of light on it, a shark, like these other two, is an Elasmobranch.

I thought an Elasmobranch would be something used by a tree sturgeon.

What was the Trigger for that one? It has a Tang of John Dory about
it.

--

..andy

[email protected] March 23rd 06 02:25 PM

O/T generators

Andy Hall wrote:

Well..... not wishing to skate around the issue, but rather to shed a
ray of light on it, a shark, like these other two, is an Elasmobranch.

I bought a kit with elasmobranches in a while ago, but never used them.
Better to wear gloves and goggles, and avoid accidents.

NT