DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Remote programmer/Thermostat connections Help (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/149807-remote-programmer-thermostat-connections-help.html)

EricP March 19th 06 05:31 PM

Remote programmer/Thermostat connections Help

I just want to check with the Brains that my thinking is correct.

The boiler has four connections for external expansions, and one of
these is a spare.

The three remaining connections are shown as Ns, Ls and Lr

The diagram of a mechanical stat with heater show the Ns as "neutral"
and going to one end of the heater.
The Ls is "live" and goes to the other end of the heater and contains
an open switch symbol in line.
The Lr line is "Switched Live" ang goes to another terminal in the
stat.

The usual link is across the Ls and Lr connections.

The receiver has three connections on it and these are marked
"Live", "Output" and "Neutral"

So looking at the two,

Ns = Neutral

Ls = Live

Lr = Output????

HELP???

EricP March 19th 06 05:53 PM

Remote programmer/Thermostat connections Help

PS connecting it up.

I do not have 2 red 1 black cable.

Use 1 amp T2E with the earth slieved red?

Cheers

Geronimo W. Christ Esq March 19th 06 06:56 PM

EricP wrote:
I just want to check with the Brains that my thinking is correct.

The boiler has four connections for external expansions, and one of
these is a spare.

Make and model of boiler, and of programmer ?

John White March 19th 06 09:19 PM

EricP wrote:

PS connecting it up.

I do not have 2 red 1 black cable.

Use 1 amp T2E with the earth slieved red?

NO definitely not. The uninsulated wire in twin & earth must only be
used for the earth.

The correct cable to use would be 1.0mm three core and earth.

Old colours - Red - live, Blue - neutral, Yellow - switched live.
New colours - Brown - live, grey - neutral, Black - switched live.

Don't forget to get your "Part P" permission first :-)

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

EricP March 20th 06 03:06 PM

Remote programmer/Thermostat connections Help

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:19:46 +0000, John White
wrote:

EricP wrote:

PS connecting it up.

I do not have 2 red 1 black cable.

Use 1 amp T2E with the earth slieved red?

NO definitely not. The uninsulated wire in twin & earth must only be
used for the earth.

The correct cable to use would be 1.0mm three core and earth.

Old colours - Red - live, Blue - neutral, Yellow - switched live.
New colours - Brown - live, grey - neutral, Black - switched live.

Don't forget to get your "Part P" permission first :-)

John

Thanks for that John. I am now considering suicide. :))