Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Me

Default Cables in plastic conduits

Hi

I think that the regs indicate the cables in walls need to be protected against physical damage
(e.g. hammering nails into the wall). I think that unless the cable is over 50mm deep in the
wall or within 150mm of the edge of the wall that mechanical protection is needed. Fair enough.

But in my house, re-wired in 1982, all the cables in the walls are less than 50mm deep and in
plastic oval conduit. If I'm extending the wiring, can I legitimately carry on with this
scheme, or need I install metal shielding?

Regards
John