Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moving non-condensing boiler -it can it be done :)

Some of you may remember I had trouble a month or so ago getting a
plumber to move my 2 year old non-condensing boiler. This was because
he said moving a boiler was classed as installing a boiler and all new
installations post April 2005 must use a condensing boiler. I phoned
and emailed building control and got the same story. I was outraged so
I emailed my MP (using www.writetothem.com) complaining about this
ludicrious situation as I was sure the environmental impact of throwing
away a boiler and constructing a new one would be higher than the 10%
effeciency saving.

Well, to my surprise my MP, Gerald Howarth, chased it up. My wife got a
phone call today from our council's chief surveyor saying that the view
of corgi and Joe Mcgrath (someone important at corgi) is that
"repositioning a boiler in the same house is not considered to be a
boiler replacement" so I can move the boiler. Once I find a plumber I
have Joe Mcgrath's phone number in case the plumber needs confirmation.

The only trouble is I actually have to do the job now. It was crossed
of the list before.

Condensing boiler (continued) - Told I cannot have as Cast iron Waste pipe - plot thickens! Dave Smithz UK diy 33 November 23rd 05 07:24 PM
'condensing' boiler John Rumm UK diy 1 November 9th 05 10:04 AM
Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM