Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Remember OT mad old woman syndrome and bird flu

dave wrote:
More OT but it seems from this evening's news that bird flu MAY WELL spread to
the (filthy) pigeon

Cant; wait...but then the raptors may get it too. That would be bad. And
the cats ...

and the (flocks of) sparrows. AS I POSTULATED in the
original post.

Well small bird populations fluctuate with alarming rapidity and depth.
Once the bird populations is at about 10% of what it is now, the flu
will die out naturally.

Wonder how the advocates of these disgusting birds (pigeons) who attacked my
original post will squirm out of it now?

I haven't noticed any pigeons on line recently...but heck the buggers
are everywhere.

More importantly, can this dozy country wake-up and implement an immediate ban
on garden feeders that attract pigeons?

Garden feeders round here do not attract pigeons. They are busy taking
their tithe off the rape fields. Its bloody subsidised rape that cause
the pigeons you know. Filthy stinking crop feeds filthy stinking birds.

And also an immediate cull of these
filthy birds. Or do we have to wait for it to be endemic first?

Bring yer 410 round and lets go.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

WTF are you lot doing up so late?

(Besides trolling usenet.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Weatherlawyer wrote:
WTF are you lot doing up so late?

(Besides trolling usenet.)

Oh, waiting for the wife to finish watching someone dying of cancer on
the TV actually.

Its bad enough IRL, why watch it when you don't have to?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 02:08:25 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:
WTF are you lot doing up so late?

(Besides trolling usenet.)

Oh, waiting for the wife to finish watching someone dying of cancer on
the TV actually.

Its bad enough IRL, why watch it when you don't have to?

Same question re Contamination St and DeadEnders (but with the cancer
prog you might actually learn summat about the disease)?

I know "17 million people .." sigh Maybe it's also a clever plot,
getting those who wouldn't normally watch documentrys to help them
learn how to deal with 'real world' issues?

But 'entertainment'? woosh

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

Well small bird populations fluctuate with alarming rapidity and depth.
Once the bird populations is at about 10% of what it is now, the flu
will die out naturally.

The same may be true of humans.

--
Skipweasel
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:
WTF are you lot doing up so late?

(Besides trolling usenet.)

Oh, waiting for the wife to finish watching someone dying of cancer on
the TV actually.

Its bad enough IRL, why watch it when you don't have to?

Same question re Contamination St and DeadEnders (but with the cancer
prog you might actually learn summat about the disease)?

I know "17 million people .." sigh Maybe it's also a clever plot,
getting those who wouldn't normally watch documentrys to help them
learn how to deal with 'real world' issues?

But 'entertainment'? woosh

All the best ..

T i m

She said it was 'very moving'

I decided that I was fine where I was, and didn't want to be moved....
;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Guy King wrote:
The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

Well small bird populations fluctuate with alarming rapidity and depth.
Once the bird populations is at about 10% of what it is now, the flu
will die out naturally.

The same may be true of humans.

Indeed. Lets hope I am one of the 10%...;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
marble

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 09:26:02 GMT, Guy King
wrote:

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

Well small bird populations fluctuate with alarming rapidity and depth.
Once the bird populations is at about 10% of what it is now, the flu
will die out naturally.

The same may be true of humans.

Are you comparing humanity to a disease?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember marble
saying something like:

wrote:

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

Well small bird populations fluctuate with alarming rapidity and depth.
Once the bird populations is at about 10% of what it is now, the flu
will die out naturally.

The same may be true of humans.

Are you comparing humanity to a disease?

Best way of looking at 'em.

Planet of my dreams, my arse.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

dave wrote:
More OT but it seems from this evening's news that bird flu MAY WELL
spread to
the (filthy) pigeon

Cant; wait...but then the raptors may get it too. That would be bad. And
the cats ...

Oh please ... (cats)

Mary