Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roly

Default Is there a shredder that works?

dave wrote:

Can anyone recommend a paper shredder that works (£ is a factor, as
usual). The two I've had are great at putting rows of creases in the
paper! It wouldn't take a S. Holmes to read it afterwards though.

I bought a mid-price one by Fellowes. It worked very will until the
missus let the basket fill up too much and it jammed from both sides of
the feed mechanism. It could neither feed nor reverse. By the time I got
alerted, it was knackered. Subsequent autopsy revealed that the plasic
gear wheels had their teeth stripped.

She bought a very cheap replacement from Tesco for about gbp10. It
looked almost identical, but the performance is very poor. It hardly has
the ability to deal with more than three sheets at a time and the paper
sensor is so stiff, that most of the stuff which will actuate it is too
tough to be shredded.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
keith_765

"Roly" wrote in message
m...
dave wrote:

Can anyone recommend a paper shredder that works (£ is a factor, as
usual). The two I've had are great at putting rows of creases in the
paper! It wouldn't take a S. Holmes to read it afterwards though.

I bought a mid-price one by Fellowes. It worked very will until the
missus let the basket fill up too much and it jammed from both sides of
the feed mechanism. It could neither feed nor reverse. By the time I got
alerted, it was knackered. Subsequent autopsy revealed that the plasic
gear wheels had their teeth stripped.

She bought a very cheap replacement from Tesco for about gbp10. It
looked almost identical, but the performance is very poor. It hardly has
the ability to deal with more than three sheets at a time and the paper
sensor is so stiff, that most of the stuff which will actuate it is too
tough to be shredded.

I I've got a Rexel-90, had it for about 5 years with no problems, even cuts
credit cards, one at a time.