Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default Calaor Gas Combi Boiler

At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water
which is supplied with calor.
It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat.
Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:14:04 +0000, John wrote:

|At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water
|which is supplied with calor.
|It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat.
|Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

How do you get heat back?

I have a similar problem which is caused by people messing with the
controls.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

In article , Dave Fawthrop
writes
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:14:04 +0000, John wrote:

|At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water
|which is supplied with calor.
|It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat.
|Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

How do you get heat back?

I have a similar problem which is caused by people messing with the
controls.

The red LED lights to indicate lockout - you press the flame
out/reignite button and i then fires up. It is not every time but it
seems to be when it has been off and then the time switch cuts in.

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:43:17 +0000, John wrote:

|In article , Dave Fawthrop
writes
|On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:14:04 +0000, John wrote:
|
||At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water
||which is supplied with calor.
||It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat.
||Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?
|
|How do you get heat back?
|
|I have a similar problem which is caused by people messing with the
|controls.
|The red LED lights to indicate lockout - you press the flame
|out/reignite button and i then fires up. It is not every time but it
|seems to be when it has been off and then the time switch cuts in.

That is usually a problem with the Flame Failure thermocouple/system.
Replace the thermocouple if possible, they are cheap and usually easy to
fit. They usually have a life of only a few years. If that does not
solve the problem, turn up the control on the pilot light a little, and
make sure that it plays directly on the thermocouple.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
the keys to Civilization, together with legal acceptance of
Fundamental Human rights.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"John" wrote in message
At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water
which is supplied with calor.
It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat.
Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

Get someone in to find out why it locks out

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:14:04 +0000, John wrote:

At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water
which is supplied with calor.
It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat.
Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

Teach the cubs how to rub sticks together and make fire?

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

John wrote:
At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water
which is supplied with calor.
It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat.
Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

Start rubbing some sticks together. HTH.

Help - I have a back boiler and want a combi boiler fitted but have plastic pipes! Vikki Home Repair 1 November 22nd 05 11:51 PM
Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Water flow rate problem and Combi boiler Andrew Beck UK diy 15 September 3rd 04 11:00 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM