Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default Service suppliers

Anyone considering changing their utility supplier aught to consider
any get out clauses they already have or might be consigning their soul
to.

Homecall gave me a fright just now when I opened a letter confirming my
leaving. I'm pretty happy enough with their telephone service but as I
am not a big phone user, I can get an unbundled BroadBand combination
of telphone and landline rental from Talktalk at much better rates.

As it happens the letter was a misdirection, since I don't have an
internet service with Homecall. There is no "don't leave early" clause
with their telephone service. But it woke me up.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Weatherlawyer:
Anyone considering changing their utility supplier aught to consider
any get out clauses they already have or might be consigning their
soul to.

Homecall gave me a fright just now when I opened a letter confirming
my leaving. I'm pretty happy enough with their telephone service but
as I am not a big phone user, I can get an unbundled BroadBand
combination of telphone and landline rental from Talktalk at much
better rates.

As it happens the letter was a misdirection, since I don't have an
internet service with Homecall. There is no "don't leave early" clause
with their telephone service. But it woke me up.

Be wary of getting line rental from TalkTalk or anyone else other than BT.

BT line rental with 1571 and Caller Display £11/month, same with TalkTalk
£12.49.

BT are required to allow you to use cheap call providers such as 1899 and
18185.

I would reccomend:-

BT for line rental with free caller display.

Primus 2, for free evening and weekend calls (up to 90 mins) for no monthly
fee.

1899 for daytime calls at 3p per call

18185 for calls to mobiles.

Primus 2: http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/SaverPr...x?source=saver

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

I'd just stick to 1899 if I was you.

Free national and local calls 24/7, apart from a 3p connection charge.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh RedOnRed:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message . uk...
[...]

Why not get free evening and weekend calls for no charge, and you don't have
to switch line rental away from BT.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Bob Eager

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:23:17 UTC, "RedOnRed" wrote:

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

But use 18185 for calls to mobiles...and for 0870 calls if you make any.
That's the current dial setup in my PBX.