DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   My ALDI router does not fit the table ! ARGHH help (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/144202-my-aldi-router-does-not-fit-table-arghh-help.html)

[email protected] February 10th 06 06:51 PM

My ALDI router does not fit the table ! ARGHH help

I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I brough end of
last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not fit the
table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router is not a round
it looks more like
__
(___)

rather than
( )

Did anyone else here buy one ?

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 10th 06 06:57 PM

wrote:
I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I brough end of
last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not fit the
table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router is not a round
it looks more like
__
(___)

rather than
( )

Did anyone else here buy one ?

lol they are not compatible. take the router back and get you're money back
informing them of this mishap and buy another router that'll fit the table.
Best keep the table rather than router.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Tony Bryer February 10th 06 07:01 PM

On 10 Feb 2006 10:51:06 -0800 wrote :
I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I
brough end of last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not
fit the table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router
is not a round it looks more like

Don't tell Andy Hall but I've got a Power Devil router and Aldi
router table and both work well together. The router base is like
a circle with two bits cut off. The recess in the table in a
circle of similar diameter. You just rotate the router base to
best align with the clamps.

--
Tony Bryer SDA UK 'Software to build on'
http://www.sda.co.uk

Andy Hall February 10th 06 07:36 PM

My ALDI router does not fit the table ! ARGHH help

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:01:05 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On 10 Feb 2006 10:51:06 -0800 wrote :
I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I
brough end of last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not
fit the table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router
is not a round it looks more like

Don't tell Andy Hall but I've got a Power Devil router and Aldi
router table and both work well together.

The router base is like
a circle with two bits cut off. The recess in the table in a
circle of similar diameter. You just rotate the router base to
best align with the clamps.

Another option might be a Trend Unibase cost about £13.

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/unibase/

--

..andy

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 10th 06 08:03 PM

wrote:

On 10 Feb 2006 10:51:06 -0800 wrote :
I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I
brough end of last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not
fit the table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router
is not a round it looks more like

Don't tell Andy Hall but I've got a Power Devil router and Aldi
router table and both work well together.

The router base is like
a circle with two bits cut off. The recess in the table in a
circle of similar diameter. You just rotate the router base to
best align with the clamps.

Another option might be a Trend Unibase cost about £13.

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/unibase/

No chance thats bigger than the hole in the table.

Yes I have the same table.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Rob Morley February 10th 06 08:23 PM

My ALDI router does not fit the table ! ARGHH help

In article .com
wrote:
I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I brough end of
last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not fit the
table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router is not a round
it looks more like
__
(___)

rather than
( )

Can you not rout the correct shape cutout in the table?
:-)

Lobster February 10th 06 09:03 PM

wrote:
I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I brough end of
last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

IIRC this compatibility issue, or lack thereof, was also pointed out
here at the time they were on sale...

David

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 10th 06 09:10 PM

wrote:

On 10 Feb 2006 10:51:06 -0800 wrote :
I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I
brough end of last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not
fit the table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router
is not a round it looks more like

Don't tell Andy Hall but I've got a Power Devil router and Aldi
router table and both work well together.

The router base is like
a circle with two bits cut off. The recess in the table in a
circle of similar diameter. You just rotate the router base to
best align with the clamps.

Another option might be a Trend Unibase cost about £13.

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/unibase/

No chance thats bigger than the hole in the table.

Yes I have the same table.

Shame.

It is for him, my router fits its a Trendy router. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

[email protected] February 11th 06 12:15 AM

My ALDI router does not fit the table ! ARGHH help

After reading the small print. My router accepts up to 155mm diameter.

The router I purchased that sat next to the table is 160mm wide ! I am
sure that a few other ALDI customers have been back before me.

So do I take the table back, take just the router back or both !

Not sure what was better value, I must say that for £40 the table
seems quite good. The router I think was £35 ?

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 11th 06 10:10 AM

wrote:
After reading the small print. My router accepts up to 155mm diameter.

The router I purchased that sat next to the table is 160mm wide ! I am
sure that a few other ALDI customers have been back before me.

So do I take the table back, take just the router back or both !

Not sure what was better value, I must say that for £40 the table
seems quite good. The router I think was £35 ?

I cant remember the prices but I'm sure both where cheaper than that?
because they still have a couple of routers in my local aldi at £19.99 the
tables went on the first few hours of opening.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 11th 06 01:25 PM

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
wrote:
After reading the small print. My router accepts up to 155mm
diameter.

The router I purchased that sat next to the table is 160mm wide ! I
am sure that a few other ALDI customers have been back before me.

So do I take the table back, take just the router back or both !

Not sure what was better value, I must say that for £40 the table
seems quite good. The router I think was £35 ?

I cant remember the prices but I'm sure both where cheaper than that?
because they still have a couple of routers in my local aldi at
£19.99 the tables went on the first few hours of opening.

Yep, you got the prices wrong, table was £24.99 and router as above.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite