Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Carlyle-Clarke

Default Taps "hammering" or groaning

I've got a couple of taps that for want of a better word "hammer" when
opened a particular amount. In one case - a mixer tap - this causes
the whole tap to vibrate alarmingly and can be heard throughout the
house.

Another one when opened a small amount makes a loud clear tone which
seems to resonate through all the pipes in the house.

I'm curious - is this a fault of the taps, or is it something more
complex?

Some of them at least I'm intending to replace soon anyway.

Prolong the life of your sink and basin taps - by many many years! AL UK diy 10 October 17th 05 12:20 AM
Taps leaking/running off Rachel UK diy 1 October 1st 05 05:11 PM
Old bath taps Mary Fisher UK diy 14 December 11th 03 10:35 PM
Help! Insufficient head for modern taps grrrrr :@ [UK]CuteSpunkyLad UK diy 6 September 3rd 03 10:01 AM
Taps on basin keep moving John Stumbles UK diy 1 August 12th 03 08:42 AM