DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bath tap cooler than kitchen tap???????? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/143505-bath-tap-cooler-than-kitchen-tap.html)

[email protected] February 5th 06 09:37 PM

Bath tap cooler than kitchen tap????????

Hi,

We have a new boiler installed in our home(it is in the roof space).

Would anybody know why our downstairs kitchen tap is hotter than the
bath tap even though this is closer to the boiler.

Steve Walker February 5th 06 10:01 PM

wrote:
Hi,

We have a new boiler installed in our home(it is in the roof
space).

Would anybody know why our downstairs kitchen tap is hotter than
the bath tap even though this is closer to the boiler.

Maybe the hot water goes straight downstairs, and then returns up through
the pre-existing pipework if required in the bathroom? Should be possible
to trace the route & direction of the flow.

Lee February 5th 06 10:06 PM

wrote:
Hi,

We have a new boiler installed in our home(it is in the roof space).

Is it a combi?

Would anybody know why our downstairs kitchen tap is hotter than the
bath tap even though this is closer to the boiler.

If it is a combi then the obvious question would be; are you checking
with the flow rate exactly the same at each tap?

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

gp February 6th 06 06:47 PM

Bath tap cooler than kitchen tap????????

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

We have a new boiler installed in our home(it is in the roof space).

Would anybody know why our downstairs kitchen tap is hotter than the
bath tap even though this is closer to the boiler.

You will probably find that you have a thermostatic blending valve on your
bathroom supply. This mixes cold with hot to ensure that water does not get
above 40 odd degrees from the tap, no matter how slow you run it.
As with my install, the kitchen sink is a direct feed from the boiler - so
nice and hot - ideal for dishwasher

Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\) February 6th 06 07:04 PM

Bath tap cooler than kitchen tap????????

Hi,

We have a new boiler installed in our home(it is in the roof space).

Would anybody know why our downstairs kitchen tap is hotter than the
bath tap even though this is closer to the boiler.

Is it a combi boiler? If so, the boiler probably can't keep up with heating
the higher flow rate delivered by the (larger) bath tap. What happens if you
turn the tap down a bit - apart from taking longer to fill the bath?!
--
Cheers,
Roger