Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive

Default Home maintenance courses - London North or Central

Hi,

Does anyone know of "Home Maintenance" courses in central or North
London? I am thinking along the lines of:

How to change a water tap washer
Paper a wall with anaglypta
Wall and floor tiling
Putting up gutters

I know how to do very trivial "maintenance tasks" such as change a plug
fuse or unblock a sink.

Any pointers most gratefully received.

Clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On 18 Jan 2006 07:40:36 -0800, "Clive" wrote:

|Hi,
|
| Does anyone know of "Home Maintenance" courses in central or North
|London? I am thinking along the lines of:
|
|How to change a water tap washer
|Paper a wall with anaglypta
|Wall and floor tiling
|Putting up gutters
|

|I know how to do very trivial "maintenance tasks" such as change a plug
|fuse or unblock a sink.
|

|Any pointers most gratefully received.

Read uk.d-i-y.
We get round to most things eventually and its free when you have a
computer and email access. Unblocking sinks is a FAQ here.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Clive wrote:

Does anyone know of "Home Maintenance" courses in central or North
London? I am thinking along the lines of:

Try a good book, take a look at

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

david lang wrote:
Clive wrote:
Does anyone know of "Home Maintenance" courses in central or North
London? I am thinking along the lines of:

Try a good book

Presumably the reason he wants a course is that it
gives some real practice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
gone2lunch

If you read the manual and use the recommended tools, it's surprisingly
hard to screw most things up. For the last year I've been too far from
home to call Dad, but have managed with no previous experience to
paint, lay tile and laminate flooring, and even change faucets and
shower heads without disaster. Honestly, if it were THAT hard, would
we entrust it to the builder's bum brigade? :-) And no course is going
to cover everything. Just grab your toolbox and wade in! At worst,
you'll pay someone to do something you would have paid them to do
anyway.