Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga

Default polystyrene lining paper?

Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

Cheers

--
Get money off vouchers for everything
http://www.moneyoffvouchers.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dark Angel

"mogga" wrote in message...
Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

You mean that styrofoam stuff used as wallpaper backing to insulate rooms?

Well its been a few years but don't Wilko's or B&Q still sell it?

--
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:19:36 +0000 (UTC), "Dark Angel"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message...
Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

You mean that styrofoam stuff used as wallpaper backing to insulate rooms?

Well its been a few years but don't Wilko's or B&Q still sell it?

Just had a call to say they've found some at the local independent
wallpaper shop!
Had looked in the wickes booklet and they hadn't got it listed in
there and b&q don't have it listed online neither do homebase and
focus
--
Get money off vouchers for everything
http://www.moneyoffvouchers.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:25:37 +0000, mogga wrote:

Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

Yes, do it properly.

This stuff is a nightmare, you'll regret it.

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoffrey

wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message...
Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

You mean that styrofoam stuff used as wallpaper backing to insulate rooms?

Well its been a few years but don't Wilko's or B&Q still sell it?

Both B&Q and Homebase sell it

--

Hey! It compiles! Ship it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:25:37 +0000, mogga wrote:

Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

Yes, do it properly.

This stuff is a nightmare, you'll regret it.

Depends what it's being used for... it has a bad reputation because
people try to use it as a cure for penetrating damp (ie, an impervious
layer to cover up God know's what underneath it); but in some
circumstances, where condensation is a problem on cold walls, it can be
great (by insulating the cold surface). I'd only ever use it in areas
not susceptible to bumps etc; eg it works well inside fitted wardrobes
where condensation/mould can otherwise be a problem.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:25:37 +0000, mogga wrote:

Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

Yes, do it properly.

This stuff is a nightmare, you'll regret it.

Depends what it's being used for... it has a bad reputation because
people try to use it as a cure for penetrating damp (ie, an impervious
layer to cover up God know's what underneath it); but in some
circumstances, where condensation is a problem on cold walls, it can be
great (by insulating the cold surface). I'd only ever use it in areas
not susceptible to bumps etc; eg it works well inside fitted wardrobes
where condensation/mould can otherwise be a problem.

David

It tends to get used to cover cracks lumps and bumps. Trouble is,
whatever the reason for putting it on, its as soft as... polystyrene,
and inevitably gets damaged and ends up looking awful after a while.

Whats the reason for using it? Theres usually probably better.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Lobster wrote in message
Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:25:37 +0000, mogga wrote:

Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

Yes, do it properly.

This stuff is a nightmare, you'll regret it.

Depends what it's being used for...
snip
.I'd only ever use it in areas
not susceptible to bumps etc; eg it works well inside fitted wardrobes
where condensation/mould can otherwise be a problem.

Yes, its absolutely ideal for this, I also use it behind fitted kitchen
cabinets
I actually use Novamura wallpaper it much stronger and easier to use then
polystyrene, but works just as wel .

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Mark wrote:

Yes, its absolutely ideal for this, I also use it behind fitted kitchen
cabinets
I actually use Novamura wallpaper it much stronger and easier to use then
polystyrene, but works just as wel .

I can vouch for Novamura. First time I ever wallpapered (when I was 14 or 15
I think) was with this. It's very forgiving stuff, has some thickness so
easy to line up. I'm not sure I actually like result as much as a good
vinyl but it is incredibly easy to hang and doesn't look bad all said and
done. It worked quite well in a bedroom on lumpy patched up plaster. The
thickness does seem to disguise imperfections on the wall upto a point.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson

wrote:

Does anyone sell this or is there an alternative?

Warmalene, made/distributed by an outfit called Vencil Resil (who
won't supply to end users). Should be available from trade outlets as
well as the usual suspects.