Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

Default using an audio tape splicer

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:45:31 GMT, dave wrote:

Just bought an audio tape splicer kit and not sure how to use it! The cutting
etc is ok but they supply 2 differnt splicing tapes: 1 is adhesive - the other
is a roll of clear non-adhesive. What is this latter one for?
Thanks

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording...dit_11_1.shtml
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

"sPoNiX" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:45:31 GMT, dave wrote:

Just bought an audio tape splicer kit and not sure how to use it! The
cutting
etc is ok but they supply 2 different splicing tapes: 1 is adhesive - the
other
is a roll of clear non-adhesive. What is this latter one for?
Thanks

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording...dit_11_1.shtml

Below the first 2 sketches, love the captions "basic diting block" and
"ADUIO TAPE" lol!
What -is- the literate world coming to?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

"Jim Gregory" wrote in message
"sPoNiX" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:45:31 GMT, dave wrote:

Just bought an audio tape splicer kit and not sure how to use it! The
cutting
etc is ok but they supply 2 different splicing tapes: 1 is adhesive - the
other
is a roll of clear non-adhesive. What is this latter one for?
Thanks

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording...dit_11_1.shtml

Below the first 2 sketches, love the captions "basic diting block" and
"ADUIO TAPE" lol!
What -is- the literate world coming to?

Recently a head teacher told me that spelling no longer mattered, I had to
laugh at him, after all without good spelling how can you find anything on
the internet? and of course if misspelt then your item may never be found.

When searching on ebay it is often worth searching for common misspellings,
as they get less bids !

mrcheerful

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

dave wrote:

Misspellings are great fun when using predictive text on a mobil 'phone - except
when you are in a hurry of course!

I wonder how Opera copes when you ask it to read them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Jim Gregory wrote:
http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording...dit_11_1.shtml

Below the first 2 sketches, love the captions "basic diting block" and
"ADUIO TAPE" lol!
What -is- the literate world coming to?

Quite apt really as tape editing was often known as ape dieting. Try
cutting the actual words on tape to make the latter...

--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article , dave
wrote:
Recently a head teacher told me that spelling no longer mattered, I had to
laugh at him, after all without good spelling how can you find anything
on the internet? and of course if misspelt then your item may never be
found.

When searching on ebay it is often worth searching for common
misspellings, as they get less bids !

So those who cannot spell are rewarded with better bargains? Sounds like the
head was right. ;-(((

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:12:58 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Quite apt really as tape editing was often known as ape dieting. Try
cutting the actual words on tape to make the latter...

Now if I could be bothered to dig out the 1/4" machine I might be
tempted to try it. Slightly more of challange as my machine has a top
speed of 7 1/2ips, I think, shows how long thats been sitting...

Good excercise though.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article , dave
wrote:
Recently a head teacher told me that spelling no longer mattered, I had
laugh at him, after all without good spelling how can you find anything
on the internet? and of course if misspelt then your item may never be
found.

When searching on ebay it is often worth searching for common
misspellings, as they get less bids !

So those who cannot spell are rewarded with better bargains? Sounds like
the
head was right. ;-(((

No the misspellers get less paid to them, the ones that find the
misspellings get the bargain.

mrcheerful