Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default getting satellite in other rooms

Would any one please explain how i can get my satellite signal to my
other rooms i know that the bedrooms will have to watch the same
channel as the main tv im just puzzled at what goes on behind the set
top box and what goes where.
Cheers folks
Thanks for the help
Jack

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Seamus Mc Loughlin

You'll need a distribution box amp. The Box will take the co-axial cable
output from your satellite receiver (that would normally go to the TV) and
then amplify this across other co-axial cables from this box to your other
rooms. Obiously you'll have already laid the co-axial cables to each of the
required rooms.

ie:.... http://www.satelliteshop.co.uk/store/erol.html

Regards

Seamus

wrote in message
oups.com...
Would any one please explain how i can get my satellite signal to my
other rooms i know that the bedrooms will have to watch the same
channel as the main tv im just puzzled at what goes on behind the set
top box and what goes where.
Cheers folks
Thanks for the help
Jack

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

wrote in message
oups.com...
Would any one please explain how i can get my satellite signal to my
other rooms i know that the bedrooms will have to watch the same
channel as the main tv im just puzzled at what goes on behind the set
top box and what goes where.

I assume that you have a Sky system, so see uk.tech.tv.sky

Also see www.satcure.co.uk

--

Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pacman

"Seamus Mc Loughlin" wrote in message
You'll need a distribution box amp. The Box will take the co-axial cable
output from your satellite receiver (that would normally go to the TV) and
then amplify this across other co-axial cables from this box to your other
rooms. Obiously you'll have already laid the co-axial cables to each of
the
required rooms.

My Sky box has an additional RF coax output, so I have one output going to
my main TV, and the other one to my bedroom via a coax cable up the wall.
No amps required.

Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

Michael Chare wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Would any one please explain how i can get my satellite signal to my
other rooms i know that the bedrooms will have to watch the same
channel as the main tv im just puzzled at what goes on behind the set
top box and what goes where.

I assume that you have a Sky system, so see uk.tech.tv.sky

Also see www.satcure.co.uk

On the other hand, if its not a Sky box, it probably only has a SCART
o/p in which case use an RF link as in the other posts, or buy a
modulator which will convert the Scart to an RF signal suitable to
connect to a TV antenna input with coax. This is likely to give better
quality than a wireless link.

john