Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Whose Porrige should have been coolest?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 11 Jan 2006 05:44:39 -0800, "mike"
wrote:

How many bears in the real world make porridge??

All the talking ones,

No, mostly only the Mummy ones.

less the handful that prefer marmalade sandwiches.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

I used to put the milk/water/oats in the microwave before I went to bed,
and set the timer so the porridge was waiting for me when I came down in
the morning.

I suppose that might make you get up. But I'd probably sleep through the
alarm as I almost always do.

Not having a mw (from choice) and still loving porage I let the oats sit
overnight in the liquid. They then cook more quickly in the morning.But I
don't mind the time taken to cook, it gives me time to come round.

They say that you need less sleep as you age.

They lie.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 03:42:42 -0800, zikkimalambo wrote:

Have we been lied to all these years?

Assuming that mummy bear just made the one pot of porridge, that the
three bowls were the same shape and made of the same material and the
ambient temerature was the same throughout the room. Daddy bear's bowl
is larger tham mummy bear's and baby bear's is the smalleset, whose
porridge should cool the fastest?

When (in a previous lifetime) I worked at Imperial College the stoods
there for a rag week stunt one year made a candle out of a tanker-load
(courtesy of BP) of hot wax poured into a mould made of some
Russian-gas-pipeline-type steel pipe. They allowed IIRC a week for it to
cool down before attempting to extract it but even then the inside was
still liquid.

Anyway (and to get back to the point (if there was one :-)) where
does it say that all 3 bears' bowls _were_ the same sizes?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:27:07 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 03:42:42 -0800, zikkimalambo wrote:

Have we been lied to all these years?

Assuming that mummy bear just made the one pot of porridge, that the
three bowls were the same shape and made of the same material and the
ambient temerature was the same throughout the room. Daddy bear's bowl
is larger tham mummy bear's and baby bear's is the smalleset, whose
porridge should cool the fastest?

When (in a previous lifetime) I worked at Imperial College the stoods
there for a rag week stunt one year made a candle out of a tanker-load
(courtesy of BP) of hot wax poured into a mould made of some
Russian-gas-pipeline-type steel pipe. They allowed IIRC a week for it to
cool down before attempting to extract it but even then the inside was
still liquid.

... thought you were going to say that they fitted a linear motor to
it... or at least a rope to make a big candle.

I suppose they at least learned the principle of latent heat.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
I only m/w porridge now, can't be arsed with the faffing about of
boiling things in pots.

It's easier just to boil up a drawerful of porridge once a week and take
a slice each day.

You were that student?
--

Dave