Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default Life on Mars

Nice to see that Google groups aren't swallowing my witter atm.

If anyone saw the new detective prog did they notice the small building
firm's workers wearing hard hats? (Ah, the good old days.)

Petty I know but I couldn't concentrate after that. I kept looking for
more glitches.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article .com,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Nice to see that Google groups aren't swallowing my witter atm.

If anyone saw the new detective prog did they notice the small building
firm's workers wearing hard hats? (Ah, the good old days.)

Petty I know but I couldn't concentrate after that. I kept looking for
more glitches.

Could you see the pyramid in the last scene on the rooftop?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com,
Weatherlawyer writes
Nice to see that Google groups aren't swallowing my witter atm.

If anyone saw the new detective prog did they notice the small building
firm's workers wearing hard hats? (Ah, the good old days.)

Petty I know but I couldn't concentrate after that. I kept looking for
more glitches.

I knew it would be crap - The Samurai progs on BBC4 were, I'm sure, much
better ... Twilight Sasmurai - excellent fillum

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Weatherlawyer wrote:
If anyone saw the new detective prog did they notice the small building
firm's workers wearing hard hats? (Ah, the good old days.)

Petty I know but I couldn't concentrate after that. I kept looking for
more glitches.

gloom
I'm sure I recall Bob the Builder nailing into the valleys of
some corrugated stuff on a roof...
/gloom
moregloom
Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nice to see that Google groups aren't swallowing my witter atm.

If anyone saw the new detective prog did they notice the small building
firm's workers wearing hard hats? (Ah, the good old days.)

I was wearing a hard hat on site in 1972, so it is not wrong; simply less
probable.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nice to see that Google groups aren't swallowing my witter atm.

If anyone saw the new detective prog did they notice the small building
firm's workers wearing hard hats? (Ah, the good old days.)

I was wearing a hard hat on site in 1972, so it is not wrong; simply

less
probable.

Colin Bignell

===============
They were available in the mid 1960s and quite possibly before then.
People
used to modify them for rock climbing by reducing the size of the front
peak.

Cic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Did that (in the late 60's) and it cracked with a remarkably small
stone falling on it so found the money and got a proper one.

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

wrote in message
oups.com...
Did that (in the late 60's) and it cracked with a remarkably small
stone falling on it so found the money and got a proper one.

Industrial safety helmets are designed to protect you against one impact,
after which they should be discarded. I would expect climbing helmets to
need to provide protection against multiple impacts.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message
news

wrote in message
oups.com...
Did that (in the late 60's) and it cracked with a remarkably small
stone falling on it so found the money and got a proper one.

Industrial safety helmets are designed to protect you against one impact,
after which they should be discarded. I would expect climbing helmets to
need to provide protection against multiple impacts.

They are like cycle and motor bike helmets.. they need replacing after an
accident.
It is nearly impossible to tell if they have been damaged enough to make
them useless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

dennis@home wrote:
"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message
news

wrote in message
oups.com...
Did that (in the late 60's) and it cracked with a remarkably small
stone falling on it so found the money and got a proper one.

Industrial safety helmets are designed to protect you against one impact,
after which they should be discarded. I would expect climbing helmets to
need to provide protection against multiple impacts.

They are like cycle and motor bike helmets.. they need replacing after an
accident.
It is nearly impossible to tell if they have been damaged enough to make
them useless.

Which is why they were never worn until the scrotes at some insurance
company got weasely. Only a nation of jobsworths would wear something
likely to useless after their first teabreak or even drive to work in
the back of a box of Irish tools.