Posted to uk.d-i-y
Seri

Default B&Q £20 Compound Mitre Saw

Late(ish) last year I brought a performance power compound mitre saw
from B&Q for about £35 as I just needed it for a few small jobs that
the jigsaw and sabre saw weren't suitable for. I was in B&Q yesterday
(Croydon branch) and saw the same model for £20. I have to say, I have
used good (Rexon, Dewalt, Makita) Mitre saws in the past and I can see
a little of where the extra money goes, but from a bang for buck
perspective I can recommend the performance power one.

For those interested it's the 1400 watt 210mm version. It seems
sturdily made, it's pretty precise (I've not actually got tested all
the angles properly), it's more than powerful enough to cut through
2x2's and for £20 I can't grumble.

Anyway, just thought I'd let those who might be interested know.

Seri

Best Compound Mitre saw John Morphet Woodworking 9 September 3rd 05 10:46 PM
B&Q Compound Sliding Mitre Saws Hamie UK diy 2 June 6th 05 08:37 AM
Compound Mitre Saw RayDavis UK diy 27 May 6th 05 09:40 AM
Anyone recommend a compound mitre circular saw? Al Reynolds UK diy 2 December 17th 03 12:59 AM
Compound Mitre or TS Greg DeBacker Woodworking 19 July 23rd 03 03:11 AM