Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eusebius

Default Intelligent lead acid battery charger needed - 6v, 12v (?2v)

I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v
batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries
in series with its 12v setting - is this possible? Otherwise I need to
recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to
leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus
would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries. Ideally I'd like to
use 2v lead acids - where can I get these in the UK? thanks, Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Eusebius wrote:
I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v
batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries
in series with its 12v setting - is this possible? Otherwise I need to
recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to
leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus
would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries. Ideally I'd like to
use 2v lead acids - where can I get these in the UK? thanks, Andy

Gunsons supply 'intelligent' lead acid chargers but I'm not sure if
any of them do 6 volts.

www.gunsons.co.uk now takes you to a different site which sells
Gunsons chargers but doesn't give much information. When I bought
mine the instruction manuals were available on line.

I can check mine when I get home if you like.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 06:32:55 -0800, Eusebius wrote:

I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v
batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries
in series with its 12v setting - is this possible? Otherwise I need to
recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to
leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus
would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries. Ideally I'd like to
use 2v lead acids - where can I get these in the UK? thanks, Andy

Argos do 12V chargers which claim to throttle back to a lower voltage
after the battery is fully charged, which woulkd seem to be A Good Thing.
Quite cheap IIRC