DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Venturi showers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/139107-venturi-showers.html)

al January 8th 06 02:39 PM

Venturi showers

The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too much,
so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience of
venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs suffer
from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower head
around whilst showering.

Is this true? Does it matter if the venturi valve is in the control unit on
the wall or on the shower head?

Doctor Drivel January 8th 06 04:36 PM

Venturi showers

"al" wrote in message
. uk...
The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too
much, so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience
of venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs
suffer from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower
head around whilst showering.

Is this true? Does it matter if the venturi valve is in the control unit
on the wall or on the shower head?

The Ideal Trevi Boost is good.

Mr Fuxit January 8th 06 09:26 PM

Venturi showers

I've had my "Aquadart" for 13 years, and I've been very pleased with it.

Mark January 12th 06 03:39 PM

Venturi showers

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 14:39:38 GMT, "al"
wrote:

The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too much,
so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience of
venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs suffer
from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower head
around whilst showering.

I had an Aquadart Hyrdoflow venturi show and it was very sensitive to
shower head position and water pressure. If went from freezing to
scalding very easily.

I would recommend a pumped shower and a themostatic valve instead.

Doctor Drivel January 12th 06 04:42 PM

Venturi showers

wrote:

The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too
much,
so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience of
venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs
suffer
from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower head
around whilst showering.

I had an Aquadart Hyrdoflow venturi show and it was very sensitive to
shower head position and water pressure. If went from freezing to
scalding very easily.

I would recommend a pumped shower and a themostatic valve instead.

You bought the wrong shower. Get an Ideal Trevi Boost. Been around for a
long time and work fine.