Posted to uk.d-i-y
al

Default Venturi showers

The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too much,
so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience of
venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs suffer
from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower head
around whilst showering.

Is this true? Does it matter if the venturi valve is in the control unit on
the wall or on the shower head?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"al" wrote in message
. uk...
The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too
much, so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience
of venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs
suffer from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower
head around whilst showering.

Is this true? Does it matter if the venturi valve is in the control unit
on the wall or on the shower head?

The Ideal Trevi Boost is good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fuxit

I've had my "Aquadart" for 13 years, and I've been very pleased with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 14:39:38 GMT, "al"
wrote:

The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too much,
so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience of
venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs suffer
from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower head
around whilst showering.

I had an Aquadart Hyrdoflow venturi show and it was very sensitive to
shower head position and water pressure. If went from freezing to
scalding very easily.

I would recommend a pumped shower and a themostatic valve instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

The difficulty/expense of putting an electric shower in is proving too
much,
so I'm looking at more creative options! Anyone got any experience of
venturi showers? I've seen one manufacturer claim that other designs
suffer
from poor temperature control, particularly if you move the shower head
around whilst showering.

I had an Aquadart Hyrdoflow venturi show and it was very sensitive to
shower head position and water pressure. If went from freezing to
scalding very easily.

I would recommend a pumped shower and a themostatic valve instead.

You bought the wrong shower. Get an Ideal Trevi Boost. Been around for a
long time and work fine.