Jeremy C B Nicoll

Default Glodex?

Some years ago I bought some 2mm thick "Glodex" (styrene - I think)
sheet from a local plastics supplier who no longer stock it. The stuff
I bought had a sort of "rivulets of water" effect on it, making one
side totally smooth but the effected side somewhat bumpy.

I used this stuff as a secondary-glazing on windows which I wanted to
make seem as if they'd been glazed with an obscured glass.

I think I remember seeing the same stuff in B&Q, but visits to my local
B&Q now only show 2mm- and 4mm-thick sheets which are completely
transparent - ie nothing with any form of obscuring on it. I notice
also that the sheets available no longer say Glodex on them, which
makes me wonder if B&Q's supplier has changed.

Googling for "Glodex" showed nothing. Does anyone know if the stuff is
still available, or if any other manufacturer makes the equivalent
stuff?

BigWallop

"Jeremy C B Nicoll" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Jeremy,

I think these people may be able to help you:

http://diyplastics.com/main.htm

They are one of the largest suppliers in the country.

Jeremy C B Nicoll

In article ,
BigWallop wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

I think these people may be able to help you:

http://diyplastics.com/main.htm

Thanks for this ionformation.