Posted to uk.d-i-y
htmark98

Default Any good makes of radiators?

I need a few radiators all diffrent sizes, is there such a things as a
good make. I've looked at most places and they are all named brand.

I'm looking at B&Q as they have 15% off till tomorrow, are these a good
make?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On 1 Jan 2006 11:53:57 -0800, "htmark98"
wrote:

I need a few radiators all diffrent sizes, is there such a things as a
good make. I've looked at most places and they are all named brand.

I'm looking at B&Q as they have 15% off till tomorrow, are these a good
make?

Plumbcenter own brand are made by Myson, except in slightly different
sizes.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
shaun

htmark98 wrote:
I need a few radiators all diffrent sizes, is there such a things as a
good make. I've looked at most places and they are all named brand.

I'm looking at B&Q as they have 15% off till tomorrow, are these a
good make?

I think they're made by Biasi. Had about half a dozen of them and they've
all been fine (had to carefully check the larger ones before buying tho as
they seem to get bashed about a bit instore). Prices seem ok too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"htmark98" writes:
I need a few radiators all diffrent sizes, is there such a things as a
good make. I've looked at most places and they are all named brand.

I'm looking at B&Q as they have 15% off till tomorrow, are these a good
make?

When I was buying radiators a few years ago, I thought B&Q's
were Biasi. One problem is that B&Q (and any of the sheds
which stock radiators) only stock a few of the manufacturer's
sizes. If they are the sizes you want, all well and good.
In my case, there weren't, and I saw no reason to compromise,
so I ordered exactly what I wanted from a small independant
plumber's merchant, and they were delivered direct from the
manufacturer next day.

I used Ultraheat Compact 4 and Compact 6 ranges, which have
been fine so far. In particular, I made use of the bottom
entry points on triple panel Compact 6 radiators in a couple
of places, which is the sort of thing you just aren't going
to find in any of the sheds (and I doubt any plumber's
merchant will keep them in stock either).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
sponix

wrote:

I need a few radiators all diffrent sizes, is there such a things as a
good make. I've looked at most places and they are all named brand.

I'm looking at B&Q as they have 15% off till tomorrow, are these a good
make?

Biasi ones seem fine.

As a rough guide check the approximate weight of comparative sizes.
The heavier the rad the thicker the steel.

sponix