DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Any RF types out there. Needs -.- more power at 400 Mhz! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/136682-re-any-rf-types-out-there-needs-more-power-400-mhz.html)

Dave Plowman (News) December 22nd 05 09:14 AM

Any RF types out there. Needs -.- more power at 400 Mhz!

In article ,
dave wrote:
I have one of these gizmos from Maplin that allows you to turn on a 13A
socket using a remote control box. It works quite well but the range is
optimistic at 25 yards :-)

Just wondered if there is some simple tweak I can do to up the xmitter
power just a teensie-weensie amount to get a little extra range?

Some form of reflector to make the aerial directional.

--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

tony sayer December 22nd 05 09:56 AM

Any RF types out there. Needs -.- more power at 400 Mhz!

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
dave wrote:
I have one of these gizmos from Maplin that allows you to turn on a 13A
socket using a remote control box. It works quite well but the range is
optimistic at 25 yards :-)

Just wondered if there is some simple tweak I can do to up the xmitter
power just a teensie-weensie amount to get a little extra range?

Some form of reflector to make the aerial directional.

That is quite sensible as to mess around with the aerial it already has
may well de-tune it all and make it less "good" that what it was...
--
Tony Sayer