Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andrew McKay

Default Hot Air Gun - recommendation?

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:56:19 +0100, Mike Abbott wrote:

Any gotcha's I should look out for?

Hot air guns are like any other tool - they can be dangerous! I've got
an older Black and Decker version, and you most certainly wouldn't
want to try drying your hair with it - it gets mighty hot!

You can scorch the wood if you leave it running on the same spot for
very long, just like a blowtorch would. And when you put it down,
remember that the nozzle is going to be well hot too - so easy to
brush your hand against it and get burnt.

Have you thought of a blowtorch instead? Just a thought - the hot air
gun is a bit expensive to run as I recall, and not so configurable in
terms of what comes out at the sharp end - with a blowtorch you can
change the size of the flame.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk