Member

Default splashbacks/upstands

Hi there
more kitchen queries i'm afraid.....
I'm planning to remove the tiling from my kitchen and replace with a 100mm upstand that matches the laminate worktop. But I'm not sure if I can do this on the wall behind the gas hob. I thought of perhaps using a stainless steel splashback isntead but am very keen to avoid any tiles at all.
Will the laminate on the upstands melt as it is fairly close to the gas burners? And I presuem that a Stainless Steel will tarnish pretty quickly.....can anyone help me please??

thanks

Alex
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you thought about a glass splashback? Not particularly cheap but
looks great.

gna

Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister

alexbartman wrote:

Will the laminate on the upstands melt as it is fairly close to the gas
burners? And I presuem that a Stainless Steel will tarnish pretty
quickly.....can anyone help me please??

I have a stainlees steel splashback at the back of my cooker - it's
'stainless', so unlikely too tarnish, but _does_ require regular cleaning.