Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Spice

Default OT - TV Repair

Guys

I know this is off-topic but this group always seems to have at least one
person who will know the answer no matter what the question.

I have a 5 year old Panasonic TV (TX28R4DP if it matters) which has suddenly
gone a bit strange. After start-up the picture becomes very flickery with
vertical compression of the picture and some horizontal lines missing. The
sound cuts in and out and then the tv switches itself to standby. After a
while the symptoms happen less and less until after 10-15 minutes the
picture stabilises and all appears normal.

I'm pretty certain that I won't be able to repair this myself but I wondered
if anyone had any idea what the cause may be and how much I am likely to be
stung for a repair? Also if anyone has any recommendations for a repair
shop in Sheffield I would be appreciative.

Cheers

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Mark Spice wrote:
[...]

This sounds like a 'dry joint', either in the power supply or LHT stage?
Regardless of the fault I think you're looking at £30 to £40 fix just drop
it off at a local TV repair shop and ask for an estimate usually free of
charge but depends on the repair bloke.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark Spice wrote:
[...]

bad connection or arcing. Dont know why you wanted to know!
Always get a free quote, then you cant be stung. Not an estimate.

NT