DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   acrow pins. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/133255-acrow-pins.html)

[email protected] November 28th 05 08:32 PM

acrow pins.

Anyone know where I can buy pins for some acrows I have. Preferably in
the North London area.

keith_765 November 28th 05 08:41 PM

acrow pins.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Anyone know where I can buy pins for some acrows I have. Preferably in
the North London area.

SGB Scaffolding

[email protected] November 28th 05 08:44 PM

acrow pins.

ta

Rick November 28th 05 09:56 PM

acrow pins.

I use coach bolts on mine.

[email protected] November 28th 05 10:05 PM

acrow pins.

Yeah I thought of that but for now ,and if I want to sell them in the
future, I might as well get the right thing.

Cicero November 28th 05 10:08 PM

acrow pins.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Yeah I thought of that but for now ,and if I want to sell them in the
future, I might as well get the right thing.

===============
They need to be very strong coach bolts - about 5/8" ( 15mm).

Cic.

Rick November 29th 05 09:56 AM

acrow pins.

On 28 Nov 2005 12:32:33 -0800, wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy pins for some acrows I have. Preferably in
the North London area.

I use bits of 10mm rebar :-)

Rick

Rick November 29th 05 08:22 PM

acrow pins.

The reason coach bolts are good is that unlike machine screws they have
a long unthreaded portion ... great for a pin.
You can get them in all imperial sizes, and some metric.
I worled on sites where chisels or screwdrivers were the norm for Acrow
pins.

Roger November 29th 05 11:00 PM

acrow pins.

The message k
from "Cicero" contains these words:

They need to be very strong coach bolts - about 5/8" ( 15mm).

A borrowed a pair from a builder last year. One was lacking a pin and my
substitute which was a good fit was 5/8" diameter.

--
Roger Chapman