Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil

Default rapid sds impact drill 1250w

Has anyone bought a Rapid SDS impact drill 1250w from screwfix? I was
thinking of buying it but was wondering if it is any good. At £39.99 it
seems a good price.
Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Neil" wrote in message

Has anyone bought a Rapid SDS impact drill 1250w from screwfix? I was
thinking of buying it but was wondering if it is any good. At £39.99 it
seems a good price.
Neil

That is a heavy 6kg drill. For the lighter 2kg get the £39.99 Challenge
from Argos.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , Neil
writes
Has anyone bought a Rapid SDS impact drill 1250w from screwfix? I was
thinking of buying it but was wondering if it is any good. At £39.99 it
seems a good price.

Can't see that name on the website , but there is this:

Titan SF26S5 6Kg SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill 230V

Personally I think that all these cheap SDS drills are pretty much of
muchness - most probably come out of a few of the same factories in
China.

While this one looks ok as far as it goes - rotary stop, though maybe
not locking the chisel in a particular location. Personally I would
steer clear of these big SDS drills- the extra weight makes them much
harder work holding them up for drilling/chiselling. I reckon they make
them as big and heavy like this so they feel suitably chunky :-)

I would go for a bit more expensive lighter weight one myself
--
Chris French