Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combi boiler installed in cellar. No overflow attached as nowhere to go...

I have just had a look at a property I own that is rented out. The
combi boiler is installed in the cellar but does not have an overflow
attached to it as it is below ground level and there are no drains.

Will the boiler be fine as it is or do I need to fit an overflow
connection. If I need to fit an overflow, can it rise from the bottom
of the boiler and up to the flue level, before it goes outside without
any problems?

Many thanks in advance for any comments.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have just had a look at a property I own that is rented out. The
combi boiler is installed in the cellar but does not have an overflow
attached to it as it is below ground level and there are no drains.

Will the boiler be fine as it is or do I need to fit an overflow
connection. If I need to fit an overflow, can it rise from the bottom
of the boiler and up to the flue level, before it goes outside without
any problems?

I think you mean a pressure relief pipe. It can rise. When outside have a
downwards looking elbow a short piece of piece and an elbow facing towards
the wall.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes, sorry, I meant a pressure relief pipe. It's the one that opens up
at 3-bar. What are the consequences of doing nothing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison

On 22 Nov 2005 06:33:33 -0800, wrote:

Yes, sorry, I meant a pressure relief pipe. It's the one that opens up
at 3-bar. What are the consequences of doing nothing?

Damp cellar..?

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Low DHW temperature from combi boiler mish UK diy 4 March 27th 05 02:14 AM
expansion vessel in combi boiler not coping.. DaveŁ UK diy 9 November 20th 04 10:48 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Clunking in combi boiler when tap is closed: due to back pressure? dave L UK diy 0 May 9th 04 10:50 AM